Thread: Random shutdown of Windows 7 Professional

Random shutdown of Windows 7 Professional

I am having a serious issue with the Windows 7 Professional which shut down randomly after giving the black screen. It is not giving any error code and not at all a Blue Screen of death just go to shut down. I have performed the Memory and hard drive check but no error found. So please help me if you can regarding this issue. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Random shutdown of Windows 7 Professional

I think that there might be some issue with the BIOS which is causing the system shut down after every interval of the time. In that case i will advise you to update the BIOS of yours which might got corrupted. Update will resolve the issue related to the shut down which you are getting. So try this out and see whether it is working or not.

smile Re: Random shutdown of Windows 7 Professional

To check whether the problem is with the Windows 7 or not, i am advising you to start the computer in the Safe mode and see whether it is working for the same or not. To start the computer in Safe mode just follow the same.
    • Start the PC
    • Start hitting F8 key
    • Get advanced boot option window
    • Select “Safe mode”
    • You are done.

Now if started in Safe Mode then run the command prompt and type Sfc/scannow. This will resolve the issue related to the same.

I will advise you top clean boot the system to check whether any thing like third party program is causing the issue or not. If computer started normally in the Clean boot then it means that the third party application is causing then issue. So it is better to check the application which you have installed in last some days.

It can be possible that the hardware on your system might causing the issue with the system and you are getting random system shut down when Windows is trying to work with the hardware of yours. It can be any of the hardware of the system e.g. Sound Card, Video Card, Networdk Card, Modem etc. So check their functionality first.

In that case when you are getting the system Shut down with the Windows 7 then let me tell you that there might be possibilities that your driver is not working with the Windows. So I will recommend you to update the driver for all the hardware from the Device Manager and then check whether it is repeating the System Shut Down or not.

I think your system is got infected with the Virus which is causing the system Shut down randomly. I think that then file got corrupted that is why you are getting the issue with the same. So if you can then install a good antivirus and then scan the computer for virus. But make sure that you are using the updated antivirus.