Thread: Desktop Background or Picture position in Windows 7 won't save

Desktop Background or Picture position in Windows 7 won't save

I have bought a new HP laptop, with Windows 7 pre-installed in it. Well, it is already having an unusual problem. The issue is that the Desktop Background or Picture position in Windows 7 won't save. I have tried all of the following options:
    • Fill
    • Fit
    • Tile
    • Center

But, it saves in the Stretch mode only. If anyone knows why this is happening, then please help me with the probable solution that can be used in this case. All possible replies and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Re: Desktop Background or Picture position in Windows 7 won't save

According to me, it looks like some setting problem that is resulting in the issue that Desktop Background or Picture position in Windows 7 won't save. Enabling a system restore should prevent the problem that you are facing. Make sure that you do the restore to the factory settings, so that any wrong changes made will be rolled out.

I have faced a similar situation that the Desktop Background or Picture position in Windows 7 won't save. I found an application, while searching for the issue on the internet. I downloaded the same and installed it in my system. To my surprise the situation was resolved. Do not worry because this is application, as I can assure you that it is 100% virus free.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is a very useful information shared here. I have tried out this application that is provided by Calvin K as my system was also struck by the same Desktop Background or Picture position in Windows 7 won't save problem. It does not depend on whatever laptop or desktop that you are using, as it works for any of them running Windows 7.

Dr. V Guest

I know that many Windows 7 users have been trying to resolve this weird problem that the Desktop Background or Picture position in Windows 7 won't save. I hope that a genuine fix for the same is available now.

I suggest all the users facing this problem to try out the same. If the problem persists even after the particular application is run, then just reply here, so that we can help you out from that situation.

I have tried this fix and for some reason it did not work for me. I am on a desktop, running windows 7 64-bit.
    Anyone have any more suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by nasatala View Post
    I have tried this fix and for some reason it did not work for me. I am on a desktop, running windows 7 64-bit.
    Anyone have any more suggestions?
    The solution to this problem is given by Hewlett Packard that came out with a fix to solve the problem of wallpaper being stuck on Stretch. Although it started its life as an HP fix, judging from responses to previous posts it also works with non-HP machines. Download it from here. If you are on a Non HP systems then download this wallpaper picture position enabler from here.

thank u very much! its working

I used this fix as well (and it worked), thank you!

I had a similar problem, I was advised to remove registry items; not a good idea. I have just downloaded Wallpaper Picture Position Enabler from the HP website in downloads nad support. It is now working perfectly. Hope it works for you.

Good Luck