Thread: How to uninstall Windows 7 and install Windows Vista or XP?

How to uninstall Windows 7 and install Windows Vista or XP?

I have up my computer from Windows Vista to the Window 7 Beta version. Now the Windows 7 beta is about expire and will not work so i am looking to install Windows Vista or Windows XP again on the system but i don't want to loose any of my existing file. So if any one knows any way to do the same then please let me know about it. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to uninstall Windows 7 and install Windows Vista or XP?

As you are planning to install the new OS on the system of your then let me tell you that you can use the Windows Easy Transfer which will transfer all the files to the new Operating system. It will first take the backup and after installation of the same you can transfer all the file again which you have kept. So do the same and work with your issue.

Back up your files to removable media (external hard disks, DVDs, CDs, or USB memory cards) or to a network location. Do not back up your files to a recovery partition or to the same hard disk on which Windows is installed. Always store the media that you use for backups in a secure location to prevent unauthorized access to your files. We recommend a fireproof location that is separate from your computer. You may also consider encrypting the backup data.
    Click here to know more about it.

If you wanted to take the back up of Windows 7 files then you can go through the below given step that will help you to perform the backup. hope you will like it. It is very simple and easy.

1. Insert the Windows Vista CD
    2. Exit the Setup
    3. Now Click on Start
    4. Click on Computer
    5. Right Click on CD/DVD drive and click Open
    6. Open the Support Folder
    7. Open the migwiz folder.
    8. Double click the Migwiz.exe file.
    9. Go through the instruction for transferring the file.

You can also take the back manually with the help of the Windows 7. Just get into the Windows 7 and then to the User folder and copy all the file and folder which you wanted to take the backup and save it on the external media which will allow you to restore the same later on. So try this out and see whether it is working for you or not.

coltenrose Guest

Different ways to return to the previous operating system, and also download the files and settings to a different Windows 7 before Removing Windows 7, you can transfer, backup and recovery, or in some cases, restore the previous operating system just before the update.

If you are using the Windows 7 then you can easily take the back up of any of the files and system. Windows 7 is already having the Backup and Restore Option which takes the backup of the system and restore it any time if you wanted to. You can find this option in Control Panel>System and Maintenance > Backup and Restore.

We recommend upgrading to the newest version of Internet Explorer, version 8. Install the latest version of Internet Explorer can solve many problems that have occurred in prior versions of Internet Explorer. The latest version also includes the latest security fixes, performance and features. If you do not want to install Internet Explorer 8, or if for some reason can not do this, use the methods listed here.