Thread: What is the best way to back up Windows 7?

What is the best way to back up Windows 7?

I am using the Windows 7 beta version on my PC and now i am planning to get the Windows 7 RC. Before installing the same i just wanted to take backup of the system. But as i am new for the Windows 7 i am little worried about it. If any one is having the knowledge regarding the same then please let me know about it. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is the best way to back up Windows 7?

If you wanted to take the backup of the Windows 7 then i will advise you to install and use the User State Migration Tool which is a nice tools that provides the help for taking the one system to another system with the data of your computer. Use User State Migration Tool to take the back up and see whether it is working for you or not.

If i ma not wrong then you might be looking for taking the back up of the complete OS with the files. To do the same i will advise you to create a image of the existing hard disk which you can restore in the new installation of the OS that is Windows 7 RC. To create the same you can use the Norton Ghost which will do the same.

Windows 7 itself having backup and restore option available in the Control Panel which takes the backup of the system and restore then when you needed . So if you are looking to take the backup then you can go through the System and Maintenance and then click on Backup and Restore and take the back up. Thanks

If you wanted to take the back up in the Windows 7 then go through the below given step that will help you with taking the backup of the system. This is simple and easiest way of taking backup.
    1. Open Backup and Restore by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Backup and Restore.
    2. Do one of the following:

• If you've never used Windows Backup before, click Set up backup, and then follow the steps in the wizard.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • If you've created a backup before, you can wait for your regularly scheduled backup to occur, or you can manually create a new backup by clicking Back up now.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.