Thread: How many times can I activate Windows 7?

How many times can I activate Windows 7?

I am having a query with which i need your help. Actually i using the Windows 7 and wanted to know that How many times can I activate Windows 7? My PC got infected with the Virus so i wanted to clean install the Windows 7 to get rid with virus which is why i wanted to knows the same. So if possible then please help me with the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: How many times can I activate Windows 7?

It depends on the package you are using. If you are having the product pre-installed in the system then you don't have to show much effort for the activation of the Windows 7. You can reinstalled Window 7 easily with the Activation key. This can be little difficult only if you are having some hardware changes on the computer.

This is different in case of the retail purchased copy of the Windows 7. If you are using the Purchased copy of the Windows 7 then you can activate it for 5 times with the help of the Internet. There are subsequent activation are also allowed but that must be completed through the telephone. So choose your copy and enjoy.

I have gone through the all the replies of yours that you have given me and like it most. But having one more issue regarding the activation of the Windows 7. I am using the Windows 7 retail version which i have purchased. So i just wanted to know how can i activate the Window 7 in the computer of mine. Waiting for replies.

To activate the Windows 7 on your computer i will advise you to go through the below given step that will help you with the activation of the Windows 7 on then computer of yours. Just follow the same and hope you will like it.

• Click on Start
    • Click Computer
    • Click Properties
    • Click on "Click here to activate Windows now"
    • If asked for Administrator password, enter the same.
    • You are done

When you begin the activation process, Windows tries to detect an Internet connection. If one is found, you can activate online. If you use a modem to connect to the Internet but aren't currently online, you'll have the option to activate using a modem.
    1. To activate by using a direct connection
    2. Open Windows Activation by clicking the Start button right-clicking Computer, clicking Properties, and then clicking Activate Windows now.
    3. If Windows detects an Internet connection, click Activate Windows online now. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    4. Type your Windows 7 product key when prompted, click Next, and then follow the instructions.

Its better to remove the virus from the computer before reinstalling the Windows 7. If you are computer is got infected by the Virus then install a Antivirus with the latest definition of the virus database that will keep the system of your for the full computer virus scanning. This will detect the virus and keep your system up to date.