Thread: OS 10.5 cannot copy large file error code 0

OS 10.5 cannot copy large file error code 0

Some time since I can not copy files regardless of their weight on my iomega 250GB external hard drive , I have a macbook and when I copy a file the following error message appears: " The Finder can not complete the operation : some data "filename " could not be read or written . (Error code - 0 ) . Please help me because this bothers me much. Thanks in advance.

Dr. V Guest

Re: OS 10.5 cannot copy large file error code 0

I only see a few possible explanations .
    - Error -0 is clearly a miscommunication between the Mac and the device, the disk can not interact properly with the Mac because the USB interface does not work correctly. It is possible to test it on another computer , even a PC , since it is formatted in MS DOS.

The alternative is a corruption of the hard disk directory . Corruption can be caused by a lack of dialogue (always this error -36 ). In this case, if Disk Utility found an error but does not know to fix it , kind of " underlying task " or " failure on exit " , so we'll use a utility style DiskWarrior to repair. Another solution would be to backup everything on another external drive, borrowed for the occasion " and re format the disk with Disk Utility , then put everything on it.

However , if the problem occurs due to a lack of dialogue between Mac and disk can reproduce the error 0. Some external drives are unstable side of the bonding interfaces . I have seen discs that were rendered unable to interact properly with USB , but could do so in Firewire mode and vice versa. This is rarely the Mac side lies the problem , but rather the next disc . If this disk is equipped with a FireWire connector , test it .

If data are not in the home directory of a user, it is possible to create a disk image with Disk Utility in Mac OS X in which all files will be encrypted. Again , the files are encrypted automatically using a 128 -bit AES encryption . " FileVault " is the name of a function of Mac OS X that helps protect personal information by encrypting them . When this feature is enabled , all files in the directory of the user are encrypted in real time through a 128-bit AES encryption . The data are then available when the user logs onto the machine.