Thread: VMware Fusion 3 or Parallels Desktop 5.0 for Mac

VMware Fusion 3 or Parallels Desktop 5.0 for Mac

I am a PC user, and I want to buy a macbook with windows vista dessu (in addition to Leopard). I know there are several programs that support it, but I would like to have your opinion about which one is the best between Parallels Desktop 3.0 and VMware Fusion. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Dr. V Guest

Re: VMware Fusion 3 or Parallels Desktop 5.0 for Mac

I recommend Parallels, VMware Fusion is indeed unstable and often leaves or plants, which corrupts the virtual machine and reinstall Windows means (snapshots are not recoverable either). In two days, I already have done three times, with the loss of time involved. However, I use Parallels for 6 weeks without problems.

Parallels Desktop is needed quite easily on its competitor. It is on average 30% faster under Windows XP and 43% faster under Windows 7. The difference between the two programs is particularly acute in 3D. On this point, Parallels Desktop will also show more stable. Another point raised by author of the article: the good performance of Windows 7. Before the release of the latter, it was recommended to those who were of virtualization to stick to XP.

Compare it also take into account the entire environment and Parallels is a real gas plant. There's options everywhere, things will start to launch, you click on a link you reference it in windows under mac OS. At the end of stuff to give you seasick! And hello to configure it all! Then we must have different results because me on a 64bit machine SL (activated), with 2 MB and 2048 vp active on W764bits fastest start Parallels is not (not in full 64-bit in memory but it can be changed). In fact it has nothing to do but the fastest was VirtualBox.

The latest version of the ultimate utility for Mac provides your customers with more than 65 new features and extensions to discover. To date, more than 2 million users worldwide have adopted Parallels Desktop for Mac to run Windows, Linux and other operating systems on Mac OS X. The ideal solution to enable virtualization to run Windows applications simultaneously and Mac.

Desktop 5.0 is a beautiful, leap forward with the mode enriched considerably. Recall that this mode allows you to exit Windows and windows placed directly on the desktop of Mac OS X. But that's not all, since a new mode makes its appearance. Called Crystal, he adds two elements:
    • Parallels Desktop icon disappears from the Dock and menu bar, and shows a Stack "Windows Applications" which works like other batteries.
    • Windows Controls Windows recover windows classic Mac and react as such.