Thread: HP Pavilion DV9420US won't turn On

HP Pavilion DV9420US won't turn On

Hey guys, am in need of some urgent help. My HP Pavillion dv9420us Notebook is just not turning on after I put it on hibernate yesterday. It was working fine before but when I came back after putting it on hibernation, there is no response. I even detached its battery and power supply as well, even tried to reset it by holding the power key for a while but yet no response.

Are you guys aware of this issue? Can anyone suggest me something to get rid of this problem?

Re: HP Pavilion DV9420US won't turn On

Ok, do one thing. Just remove the battery only and use just the power adapter. Now see whether the beam turns on or not. If it won’t turn on than most likely it is power adapter. Have you tried another power adapter yet? To check that there is no extra charge left, you will need to tap the button 5 to 96 times with no battery inside.

It appears like any one piece of your memory or CPU or the motherboard ROM chip is bad. It can be confirmed if the similar lights come on and leave with the battery ejected. Is this what you observed ? You can do some troubleshoot by removing one part of the RAM and try to boot the system to observe if there is any change. If not, than put the memory back and remove the second one and repeat the same process. If you still face the issue than better take it your nearest HP service center and get it repaired.

Thanks for your quick and valuable replies friends. My Pavilion DV9420US is not almost 18 months old and i dont want it to get repaired by any local service provider. So i wanted to know, is it still under warranty or i'll need to pay them for the service? There is no physical damage yet on its body. Please let me know the same and also give me some contact details for HP.

HP is attentive of the issues and they are counting on the consumers guarantee to run out earlier than the trouble presents itself. Just the once you come across the problem, they will notify you that your warranty period is over and there's not anything to help from their side unless and until you desire to buy an "out of warranty plan."

You can get some more info about HP's warranty scheme from this official page.

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Hey guys, am in need of some urgent help. My HP Pavillion dv9420us Notebook is just not turning on after I put it on hibernate yesterday. It was working fine before but when I came back after putting it on hibernation, there is no response. I even detached its battery and power supply as well, even tried to reset it by holding the power key for a while but yet no response.

Are you guys aware of this issue? Can anyone suggest me something to get rid of this problem?
    I have the same exact problem as well as many others who purchased dv9400series laptops. The cause is due to a faulty NVIDIA graphics chipset. I've been trying to get HP to help me with this problem with no satisfaction. Thankfully, I ran into a post today where there is a class action lawsuit brought against NVIDIA (NVIDIA GPU Litigation, Case No. 08-cv-04312-JW) The final court date hearing is scheduled for December 20, 2010. If awarded, the Claims Period will not begin until after the Final Hearing. Please go to "NVIDIA GPU Litigation" website for more info. If awarded by the Judge, it looks like you will need to fill out a claim within 60-days of the final hearing date.

There are many different series of HP laptops that are included in the litigation along with a couple of Dell & Apple models but majority are from HP with the NVIDIA chipset that is causing all the issues. The lawsuit is pursuing a a replacement laptop for HP affected models so hopefully that will be my resolution. I'm glad someone started this class A because HP wouldn't do anything for me. I did learn a good lesson though. Customer service support after an HP purchase is non-existent. I'll never purchase any future products from HP. I've marked my calendar for Dec 20th & will return find out the outcome of the hearing. Hope this helps someone slse out there! - Mark
    Last edited by Maqbool; 12-11-2010 at 02:51 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.