Thread: bootmgr (xp laptop)

bootmgr (xp laptop)

i am stuck with laptop call advent 4213...it is xp

cant open window bec it is bootmrg is compressed blab blab.

i though i have xp cd in green book which bought it last year with brand new laptop...until yesterday i am look for cd and relise there no window xp cd there so i read book...oh too late bec they say when i got new laptop and must have usb pen to save window Operating Systems..but too late bec window already inside the harddrive...mean i havent got one cd....i been try download bootmrg and it is not working...i try safemode and cannot open the window at alol....
    do anyone can point me go to somewhere that i can download into my usb pen..then put laptop ...have u any other way bec my laptop have no cd drive or dvd drive...only usb or sd card either.

hope anyone who can help me
    thank you

Re: bootmgr (xp laptop)

Have you installed Windows in your C: Drive, if so then perhaps this error usually occurs because the C drive has been compressed. As far as I am aware XP uses NTLDR rather than Boot Manager which is Vista related. It may be worth trying the NTLDR fix from click here. If this works and allows XP to boot,remove the tick from 'Compress this drive to save space' from the properties of the C drive
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

well i havent got cd drive and window xp cd too...yeah i remember something i did tick harddrive compressed..is it thre reason got it problem?

also i cannot open the window....bec it keep coming up say "bootmgr is compressed"
    press ctrl +alt+del to restart

all i have is usb pen or sd card...so tell me what shall i do....been try safemode...no luck.

window xp already inside harddrive that why i cant open.

have you got any idea to open or what.

please please it will be great help...i have usb pen or sd card ready for download if u find where i can download to save into pen or card then will put it into laptop.

thank you

Well, you can try to remove the hard drive from your computer and put it in either of your freinds computer. Make it a slave or on the second list and let your friends computer boot to his OS. At logon go into the computer and it should be the the second drive on the list, right click properties towards the bottom of that drive and there is an option that says compress hard drive to save disk space, just uncheck that and follow the instructions, it will take some time to run and once it is done then connect it back to your pc.