Thread: Domain controllers wont replicate

cchelavi Guest

ohmy Domain controllers wont replicate

Hello,

i'm new on this forum that i like a lot. I have one major problem regarding DC replication. I started to work in new company two weeks ago, and when i have analyzed situation, i have found that domain controller wich is primary Dc is not replicating with other DC. Problem is that computers are connecting sometimes on DC1 (wich is primary), and sometimes on DC2. DC2 is replicating normally from DC1 and it has most of the objects from DC1 because every change on domain was made on DC1. My question is, whwn i demote DC1 what will happen because DC1 is primary and master DC, and what are the steps to demote this primary DC. After i demote DC1, will the replications settings dissapear form DC2, or do i have to delete NTDS settings manually.

Thnx a lot.

Best reg's

Re: Domain controllers wont replicate

Recently, I promoted a server an additional domain controller in an existing forest and an existing domain. Everything went well, the base AD has been replicated on the second server. However, I have in the event a warning on both servers. On the first server is the PDC, here is the message in question. The attempt to establish a replication link for writable directory partition.