Thread: Help and Support window continuously popping up

Help and Support window continuously popping up

I am using an Windows 7 on HP compaq laptop in which Help and Support window continuously popping up. Actually everything working fine till yesterday but today morning when turn off my computer keeps popping me up with the Help and Support window and i am unable to fix this issue. So help me with this issue. Thank you.

Re: Help and Support window continuously popping up

As you are using the HP Compaq laptop which might be running with the HP Help wizard in the system tray. First check that this is running or not. If it is running the same the i will ask you to disable this from the start up and then restart the computer which might resolve the issue related to the pop up of Help and Support window.

I think that your computer might got affected with the Spyware or malware which is continuously running this process which keeps popping up the Help and Support Window. So i will advise you to run full system scan and then if any infection found then remove that. But make sure that your running your computer with the updated antivirus.

I think you should have to give a try to delete the "helpctr.exe" which is executable file for running the Help and Support window. This file you can find in the "C:\Windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries". Delete it and if you are worried about the back up of it then let me tell you that one copy of this file exist in the System32 folder. So go through the same.

Instead of deleting "helpctr.exe" i will advise you to disable it from the services which will disable the same. For that you have to go to the Control Panel and then to Administrative tools. Now go to the Services where you can find the process running just disable the same. Try this put and see whether it is working for you or not.

If all the replies are not working for you then let me tell you that the issue can resolve with the help of the HP only. As HP is the manufacturer of your product then you should have to contact the HP and they might resolve the issue of your. I hope that you will get the solution with the help of the HP. Thanks

Yes i think you this is the best option for getting the same thing working for me if all the replies will not work for me. I have gone through all the replies but nothing is satisfactory for me. So finally i have decided to contact the HP regarding the issue which i am getting. Hope to get the solution for the same.