Thread: 8GB micro sdhc card is not working in Windows 7

8GB micro sdhc card is not working in Windows 7

I have purchased a new 8GB micro sdhc card just a couple of days ago and I am already facing a problem with it. The situation is that the 8GB micro sdhc card is not working in Windows 7. Basically, Windows is not able to detect the same. I guess the main reason for this is the drivers. I am trying to install it and the driver installation simply fails. I am not able to understand why this is happening. Kindly help me in this situation.

Re: 8GB micro sdhc card is not working in Windows 7

I guess that the 8GB micro sdhc card is not working in Windows 7 is a genuine problem that you are facing. This is an incompatibility issue that the operating system is having with the drivers. Inorder to solve this issue, you will have to search the internet for the particular drivers that are compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. If you cannot get the proper drivers, this situation will prevail.

If the 8GB micro sdhc card is not working in Windows 7, then there is a possibility that this is some issue related with the card reader. So, make sure that you do a proper check with the card reader. It will be better if you get a new one and then, test your card on it. If the card works, then well and good. There was a problem with the card reader. If not, then hard luck. It is an incompatibility problem.

As mentioned in the above post that the situation of 8GB micro sdhc card is not working in Windows 7 may be caused because of a problem with the card reader. I think that the card reader that you are having does not support sdhc cards. Also, you need to have the drivers installed in your system for the card to work in your system. Another thing that you have to check is that if the Disk Management wants your card to format or not.

You do not have to worry to solve the problem that 8GB micro sdhc card is not working in Windows 7. You have mentioned that you have bought this card recently. So, go to the dealer from whom you have bought the card and ask him for the Windows 7 drivers of this card. He will have to help you with the correct softwares, since you are a recent customer. Your issue will be solved after that.

To read SDHC card you MUST use a SDHC card reader! And to get the proper storage amount on the card you have to format to a Fat 32 Format , worked for me.

I think that the problem is with the card reader according to all your replies. So, I suppose that the particular problem that 8GB micro sdhc card is not working in Windows 7 will be solved after that. Anyways, thanks for all your replies and suggestions till now. I will let you know if the issue is persisting. I expect more help if I cannot solve the issue.

Do you have to check with other operating system.