Thread: Bios update for Emachine E4264

Bios update for Emachine E4264

I have this old Emachine E426 pc with me. I was having some virus issue in my system. Recently I had added a new hard drive which is not detected. My system has become very slow. I found that BIOS update can fix this. I need help for the same. I had never done this before and don't know what are the process involved in this. What other precaution should I carry out.

Re: Bios update for Emachine E4264

It will not be easy to update your BIOS. If you does not able to do that properly then your system can be dead. For that you can first download the proper version for your motherboard before running the update. The BIOS software is essential for the proper functioning of the PC. Without it, Windows could not start. The process is called flashing the ROM chip on your board. Read more about that first.

Note down that if the process terminates unexpectedly the PC can not work at all. So remember that flashing the bios do shall be made only if it is really necessary. For example, to address shortcomings or problems of compatibility between hardware and software. Sometimes, the update also provides access to new functions like overclocking. Go to the official site and download first.

I had did this before. I had updated the Bios of a Compaq computer. For the other major manufacturers, the procedure differs very little. However, in some cases, you will create yourself a boot floppy or boot the PC in MS-DOS. The instructions are always detailed in the documentation that accompanies the downloaded file. It will better if you look on the manufacturers site for more information.

Whatever version of Windows used by your PC, you can flash your Bios. But some major brand PC you can reserve a surprises when you want to restart Windows, especially if it is Windows Me. In fact, it happens more often than the BIOS to contain, well hidden, a code number. The same code is hidden in Windows. Every time you start the PC, Windows checks prior to launch, its code is the same as the bios. In principle, almost everyone takes advantage of Microsoft protects against illegal copying.

Dr. V Guest

Start your PC and, during the first seconds of initialization, press access to BIOS, usually Del or Del, F2 or F10. When menus are displayed bios, find the number and date of release. Note these and other technical information displayed by the various menus. In case of problems, you restore it easier for the original configuration. Finally, check the PC documentation to determine whether to move a jumper on the motherboard to validate the updated bios. If shut down the PC open the box and adjust the jumper.

Log onto the website of the manufacturer of your PC and locate the Support. Locate the update program Bios Update, Rom Update, or Flash BIOS ROMPaq for Compaq. Do not download software that is specifically recommended for your model. The Bios proposed must necessarily be one that is specifically tailored to your PC. When in doubt, ask by e-mail to the help desk. And make sure that the date of the update is later than the version already installed.