Thread: Will installing Snow Leopard delete all files from my computer?

Will installing Snow Leopard delete all files from my computer?

I need some help with the operating system upgrade which I want to do on my system. I have a Macbook Pro which has Mac OS X Leopard installed on it. I have bought a new copy of Mac OS X Snow Leopard which I want to install it on the Macbook. Hence I want to know if installing Snow Leopard delete all files from my computeror not. Please share some information about the topic which might help me in upgrading the operating system on the computer. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Will installing Snow Leopard delete all files from my computer?

Yes installing the new Operating system on the computer will definitely delete all the files from the computer. For installing the operating system on the computer, you will have to perform a clean install of the operating system. Clean install of the operating system means, you will have to format the hard drive of the computer before installing the operating system and hence it will delete all the files from the computer.

Before installing the operating system on the Macbook pro, you can take the backup of all the important data on the external hard drive and then copy it back to the Macbook after installing the operating system on the computer. In this way the data will also be saved and the operating system on the computer will also be upgraded.

There are different modes for installation of the operating system. Insert the installation disk of the operating system and boot the system from the installation disk. When the different installation options are visible, select the "Upgrade" option and then let the procedure complete. Upgrading the operating system on the Macbook will not delete the files which are required.