Thread: Show desktop shortcut in Snow Leopard

Show desktop shortcut in Snow Leopard

I was presently wondering if anybody has been capable to assign a mouse shortcut to demonstrate desktop depiction function. It seems to not run for me regardless of the mouse button I select under Snow Leopard. I have had times where it does not run right away. My biggest difficulty is that my Logitech mouse makes 15 buttons come into view and I forget which one I assign to every command. I merely utilize the two buttons located near the thumb. So if you be familiar with what button corresponds to the right number, perhaps logout. And some additional information on the above topic.

Re: Show desktop shortcut in Snow Leopard

You frequently set it to Mouse Button 5 and when I set that mouse button to several additional functions besides 'show desktop' it runs. Several mouse buttons that I set to 'show desktop' refuses to run it worked when I first set it. Then it congested running. At present it's running again. You are in addition using mouse button 5, by the way. You do not usually utilize this characteristic as a mouse shortcut but you have tried it at present and it determines to work extremely well.

I set additional buttons to stimulate Spaces and Show Desktop. Most of the time, it runs. But subsequent to me upgraded to SL, it does not run at the entire. On the other hand, if I modify the buttons to the entire windows and submission windows runs, it works. Mine is Logitech too. Deleting the ser/Libary/Preferences/com.apple.symbolichotkeys.plist and log out determine to reset your representation settings and essentially solves the difficulty but it comes again extremely quickly.

I have got the similar difficulty on my Logitech MX rebellion my iHome mouse has five buttons the entire work extremely well showing representation, spaces, and dashboard in Snow leopard. Is not the LCC for their wireless products. I am not enthusiastic on installing Logitech substance presently for a 5-button (7-button) USB mouse, this substance be supposed to be fairly uncomplicated. Not to mention I suspect it's a Snow Leopard bug approximately mice with a fifth button.

The Spaces pref pane tranquil demonstrates it's set to button 5, and changing the button then changing it back to 5 does not stick. You have tried USB overdrive, but it does not seem to help. Interrelated: is there a convenience to map the useless + and - buttons on the top of the mouse. You would love to have one of them trigger dashboard similar to I had on an older mouse. You have got a Logitech G5, and no matter what you assign to button 5 does not stick. The Button 4 stays put no substance what, but subsequent to at the same time as button 5 determine to stop doing spaces or demonstrate desktop (you changed it in case it was a spaces bug).

The fifth button be able to be set to "show desktop", but subsequent to a number of time the function stops running, but I be able to relocate an additional function to the similar button and that runs, so it is not a difficulty with the mouse. Moreover it is a trouble with LCC that has been left behind subsequent to installing (improbable methinks) or a bug that apple has not yet seen or fixed. It is a bug. I have had this difficulty in view of the fact that tiger, first with a Logitech MX400 using LCC and then without, and at present using a Microsoft Memory Mouse 8000.

I have the similar problem with my old Logitech MX310 mouse. In Leopard it worked partially the time. In SL it has not worked so far. Attractive maddening, in view of the fact that I utilize (d) it a lot and at present have to switch to hot corners. When you hit it off it in certain cases it does a standard left-click. It's approximating a partly functioning left-click button at present I by no means used the Logitech drivers in view of the fact that 10.3 or something.