Thread: Unable to Right Click or Remove dock Items in Snow Leopard

Unable to Right Click or Remove dock Items in Snow Leopard

I am not aware of the reason but no longer i can right click on dock icons and also i can't remove themon my macbook running with snow leopard. Also i have installed onyx so that my dock is not locked and i can add new items to the dock as well as move them. Not aware of the problem but as far as i know i think that the problem may have started when i was trying to change the dock settings. Anyone having any ideas regarding this problem please help me thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Abhisar G; 28-05-2010 at 11:12 PM.

Re: Unable to Right Click or Remove dock Items in Snow Leopard

So you are not able to right click on the dock in Mac OS X, and also on many programs running on this system, there are very numerous hidden options. Although it is possible to activate them one by one through the terminal, the operation can be tedious, especially for novices from the command line. Fortunately, there are secrets which will add a panel to system preferences, you can adjust these settings hidden. There are a number of applications available which can help you in this matter. I would advice you to download and install one such application to get rid of this problem.

unsure Re: Unable to Right Click or Remove dock Items in Snow Leopard

Hey jesse thanks for replying me in this regard and showing your interest in solving this problem. The idea which you have given me seems interesting and i hope that this will resolve this whole matter. Also i have used windows a lot and just started using snow leopard after purchasing the apple Macbook. I am not very much familiar with Macbook's application so far So it would be better if you can suggest me the same so that i can use terminal Commands for Hidden Settings in snow leopard.

I would suggest you to Download the Secrets zip and finally unzip Secrets to your hard drive. Double-click the file Secrets.prefPane: A dialog box will ask if you want to install it, yes. Now, secrets will be accessible through the system preferences.

The use of Secrets is very intuitive: On the left, you have access to your list of applications for which they are hidden parameters. Once an application is chosen, it remains only to change settings via check boxes and dropdown lists.

Note: a small button at the bottom left allows to quickly and quietly updated according to the latest secrets "secrets" discovered by users.

The hosts file is a hidden file in the folder HD> Private> etc.. To access, you must show hidden files in the Finder. To this end, several solutions are available to you but I shall address the two main ones

Through Terminal in Leopard by entering the following command:

defaults write a com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles

AppleShowAllFiles and set the parameter to 0 to hide my files.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles 0

With TinkerTool, free tool that lets you set many other parameters hidden in Leopard or Tiger

If you are using the Tinker tool In the Finder tab of the TinkerTool, simply check the box "Show hidden and system files" then click the "Restart Finder".

After viewing hidden files, you just go to the directory / private / etc /. It is easy to use Command + Shift + G and enter: "/ private / etc" (without the quotes).

Then, simply locate the hosts file and edit it with your favorite text editor like Smultron or TextEdit simply. If you have a rights problem on the file, view and edit rights over by selecting "Get Info" from the menu.

OnyX, keeping the famous software for Mac OS X, which we have told a lot Squad The Unofficial , upgraded to version 2.1 and is compatible with Snow Leopard (eliminating the backward compatibility). For those who do not know this is a program that brings together most routine maintenance can be performed on Mac OS X, repair permissions or disk, cache cleaning and even modification of certain parameters "hidden" system (although I recommend the latter Secrets ) among many other options. You can download it from the web site of Titanium's Software. However, people that like to keep your system clean and free of rubbish generated sure you will love the update. "Are accustomed to using such tools