Thread: Vmware Fusion very slow

Vmware Fusion very slow

I am having doubt about the VMware Fusion because I am having only the basic knowledge about it. I just know that it is a desktop application which is useful for allowing to create and run virtual machines on your Mac, basically when you are having the Intel processor. Actually when I installed it I found that it is working very slow. Please mention some remedy for that.!! Also tell me other information regarding the Vmware Fusion which can be useful in future.

Re: Vmware Fusion very slow

The following are some issues resolved in VMware Fusion 1.1.2 :
    • Fixed problem with inability to disable the remapping of keyboard shortcuts for Full Screen or Single Window. Deselecting the Enable Mac OS keyboard shortcuts now works normally.
    • Fixed problem with user attempted to execute a virtual machine from the virtual CD drive connected but without a drive connected to the Mac. This problem mainly concerned the MacBook Air. Now, this situation no longer causes the failure of the virtual machine.
    • Added support for Windows XP SP3 for importing a Boot Camp partition as a virtual machine.
    • Fixed the problem with the inability of the user to burn CDs using a USB Superdrive on the MacBook Air.
    • Fix the problem causing the failure of VMware Fusion when using new keys on the new flat Apple keyboard, with preference Enable debugging checks enabled.

VMware Fusion now has experimental support for DirectX 9.0 3D graphics (without shader support) to enable operation of more applications and Microsoft Windows 3D games. This allows the operation of several new games in VMware Fusion, which could not operate before. However, if a game requires shaders it may not work at all. The games can run without shaders can potentially run in VMware Fusion 1.1.

Connecting a Windows virtual machine to a network exposes the virtual machine to some active virus on the network. VMware recommends that you install anti-virus in all Windows virtual machines before you connect to the network. Note that the type of network connection failure VMware Fusion for new virtual machines is NAT. This prevents the spread of viruses on the network in the virtual machine and not exposing them to external viruses through security flaws of the operating system when you surf the Internet.

After upgrading to Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) to Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), you must restart your Mac so that the networking works properly in virtual machines running under VMware Fusion. Similarly, after using Apple's Migration Assistant to move your data and applications from one Mac to another, you must restart the new Mac so that the networking works properly in virtual machines being performance under VMware Fusion. I am sure by doing this you will able to speed-up your Vmware Fusion.

Improvements to Unity in VMware Fusion 1.1 makes Windows on the Mac even more transparent by :
    • A supported editions of Windows Vista 32 and 64bit
    • A support for Windows XP 64-bit edition
    • My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places, Control Panel, Run, and Search are now available in the Applications menu, Dock menus and window Launching Applications
    • The option to show / hide the Windows taskbar and Start menu in the menu in VMware Fusion
    • The window Launch applications VMware Fusion now appears that when you choose

Dr. V Guest

The following are the features of VMware Fusion :
    • Your virtual machines can have multiple virtual processors, taking advantage of the Intel Core Duo chips in Macs equipped with the latest Intel processors.
    • You can use operating systems 32 and 64 bit in VMware Fusion virtual machines. VMware Fusion supports Windows operating systems, Linux and Solaris in virtual machines.
    • VMware Fusion supports USB 2.0 technology High Speed for a wide range of devices. Even devices that do not have drivers for Mac OS X running in a virtual machine.

Mware Fusion now has experimental support for DirectX 9.0 3D graphics (without shader support) to enable operation of more applications and Microsoft Windows 3D games. This allows the operation of several new games in VMware Fusion, which could not operate before. However, if a game requires shaders it may not work at all. The games can run without shaders can potentially run in VMware Fusion.