Thread: Garageband Number of Tracks

Garageband Number of Tracks

I have Macbook pro which has Mac os x installed in it. I have recently started learning Garageband in my computer. I able to record 4 tracks at the same times. I want to asked is it possible to record 8 tracks at a time. Please help me with Garageband Number of Tracks.
    Thank you.

Re: Garageband Number of Tracks

I think Garage Band application can able to hold only 5 tracks. I tried to add more tracks to it, but I unable to do this. Garage Band 3 is a software suite iLife '06 Apple. In principle all owners of Mac can be found installed by default in their Applications folder. It is presumably the most comprehensive tool to achieve its emissions audio podcasts since it allows you to touch her recordings, add music and sounds its royalty-free to place images and links to the Internet as illustrations, etc..

If you get above error message, then use following steps to fix this problem.
    1.First open GarageBand's preferences -> now choose "Advanced" tab -> now you can choose maximum track from there -> now exit application.

You can add two types of audio content in Garageband programs: samples (of your creation or those provided courtesy of Apple) and music (mp3, m4a, etc..) If the samples are royalty free, remember that music is generally subject to copyright and that it is imperative to respect be prosecuted by the authors. The procedure for adding an audio element is similar to that for adding an audio from another source (eg mobile phone), we will place the items by dragging and dropping from a library of sounds on dedicated tracks.

You can see the top of the window, a first track by default, called "Grand Piano". All that will be played in this track will be the sound of an acoustic piano. The track features on the left of the red line controller, which is fixed to the screen (which does not scrolls) and right of the red line the track where we will see what will be played (I explain below, do not panic). The red line is actually the song here starting position.

To change the instrument for a track, simply double-click it and choose from the list of instruments provided by GarageBand standard, or, if like me you could not resist, although the list largest consisting of basic instruments and Jam Pack . change the left-right balance of the instrument
    adjust the overall volume and display our levels in two Meters per trac

I will not quibble about the quality of these sounds. To me they are good, surprisingly good. Clearly they can not compete with sound modules costing several thousands of francs, but you must have two systems next to each other to realize the difference. Yes, these software tools, as called GarageBand (others are called virtual instruments or VST), are truly amazing.

Once the chosen instrument, you can click the Record button (red button) and start playing with an external keyboard, which is the most enjoyable, most comfortable, most musical.