Thread: Windows server 2003 adminpak cannot be installed in vista

Windows server 2003 adminpak cannot be installed in vista

I have installed the windows server 2008 recently i have dually booted my system with windows vista and windows server 2008 i now want to add the administration tools(adminpak.msi) on my windows server 2003 but by any means i cannot achieve the same please tell me how can i do this. i would be very much thankful to you.

Re: Windows server 2003 adminpak cannot be installed in vista

The number of network administrators using the new operating system Windows Vista is growing, the use of existing management tools in XP should be able to continue on it.

It is true that there are many professionals who use remote administration components for configuring Windows servers. There is so much simpler to administer its DHCP server or DNS via MMC on his computer, than to use a remote desktop! The package for this is the ADMINPAK.

If the installation works fine under XP, a small change is needed to complete properly under Vista.

The installation package Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack is using the same installer for XP and is downloadable here.

It is now possible to install the proper tools for administering Windows Server 2003 SP1 (Adminpak.msi) on Windows Vista with the patch KB932246 hotfix. This patch fix corrects a compatibility issue on more than 70 referenced applications, including our famous administration tools.

To install these administration tools Windows Server 2003 SP1 follow these steps:
    Download and install the patch KB932246

Download and install the administration tools in Windows Server 2003 SP1
    Download Adminpak KB304718

The tools will now be available from the Start Menu / Programs

Until now, a compatibility issue preventing the installation "clean" administration tools in Windows Server 2003 (adminpak) under Windows Vista. As of NOW, Microsoft released a patch fix for increased compatibility for various applications including tools for administering Windows Server 2003 SP1. You can install the administration tools on your system. But most probably it would be better if you boot your system with windows XP service pack 1 or later rather than windows Vista.

Dr. V Guest

You need to download the Adminpak.exe on your desktop and install it. this will allow the administrator to install the adminpak and also the Windows Server 2003 management tools on to your machines for Performing remote server management functions. This is also the final version (build 3790) of the adminpak.msi queue. Please uninstall all previous versions of adminpak (Beta 3, RC1, RC2) Before Installing this final version.

This problem occurs because the version of the Dsprop.dll file that is included with Windows XP has been updated. The Dsprop.dll file is included with Windows XP, but it has been changed in Windows Server 2003. Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Administration Tools must use the newer version of Dsprop.dll to run correctly. You cannot install the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack (Adminpak.msi) on a computer that is running Windows XP if you have not applied SP1.

There are several known problems installing and running the tool kit administration of Windows Server 2003 on Windows Vista:

You receive an error message when you install the tools of administration of Windows Server 2003 on a Windows Vista computer: "MMC could not create the complement "

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930056/es