Thread: Windows server 2008 won't install

Windows server 2008 won't install

Hello we are using a Dell PowerEdge 860 server without any OS loaded on it. Anyways i am not able to get windows Server 2008 installed on it. After downloading the windows server 2008 install file from the Microsoft's Volume licensing site. Whenever i try to install it initially it appears as it is being installed but it gets stuck after sometime and i am not able to get this installed by anyways. I close out the command prompt and then it reboots. please give me suitable advice so that i can install windows server 2008.

Re: Windows server 2008 won't install

The error may be because you may have chosen Windows 2003 the forest functional level, you do can not choose more than Windows 2003 for the functional level field. The screen monster "Windows Server 2003 "has been chosen for the domain functional level. Installing the DNS service will be together with the creation of our field. An information message indicates that You can not create a Delegation ... Indicate that you want continue. The password is required of you now is the one you need give if you need one day restore Active Directory (using NTBackup program that allows save and restore the system and Active Directory). You can put the same password passes that of administrator you want. After an overview, Now the installation will begin.

The setup for windows server 2008 works in several stages. The system will ask you to provide basic information before copying the Setup file and then your system will reboot. You may have missed some initial setup files. So it try to install the same once again. At the end of the installation the computer restarts. A window "Initial Configuration Tasks" easy access to the settings of your server. If this window has been closed, you can bring it back by running oobe (the word contains only letters and means "Out- of-box Experience. A reboot is required after this change. hope this will fix the issue.

Sounds like you have not configured the IP settings correctly and hence i would advice you to configure it manually. The IP configuration should not remain in "Get a IP address automatically ". In the" Tasks

Initial Configuration ", use" Configure Network ". He was also possible to "Start", click Law on "Network", "Properties" and "Manage Connections network. Enter the IP version 4, and the mask. Enter the IP address of the gateway. As our intension is to install DNS and Active Directory, you can now put as

DNS address 127.0.0.1. Do not put another address
    DNS here.
    Uncheck IPv6.

Change the bios to allow boot order to boot from the DVD. The hard disk can contain nothing. you can remove all traces of old partitions completing the first sector of hard disk with the character of ASCII code 0. Start the computer with the Windows 2008 Server DVD in the drive. It is advisable not use all your disk partition system. A partition 30 or 40 GB is usually correct value. Use "Options readers (advanced) "to be partitioned. Then choose "New". Enter the desired value for the system partition, click on "Apply". I think this way you will be able to install the windows server 2008 on your system.

In the "Initial Configuration Tasks" using "Add Roles". It could also be made to "Administrative Tools", "Server Manager", is placed on "Roles" and do "Add Roles". Select "Domain Services Active Directory. At the end of the installation, you must get "Installation successful. you are prompted to run the program dcpromo.exe A wizard starts. But in our case, the advanced mode is not necessary. The name of our field is now required. As the area is a private, one choose a name that ends with. or private. local. It is best to use lowercase possibly a minus sign (but not the sign _) optionally figures. Other character will be avoided.

By setting the TCP / IP address of the stations local DNS server so IP address of the server 2000, 2003 or 2008, the stations will quickly find the server and network stations. There remains the problem of resolution of Internet addresses. The server DNS, with its forwarders, will be able to give answers to the stations. The server itself is for its own DNS to resolve addresses. Indeed in network properties, the address 127.0.0.1, which is indicated as DNS it is also possible to the actual IP address of the server.