Thread: Control Windows services

Control Windows services

Hello,
    I am using Windows XP, however when i start the system it gives error that some of the services are not started. Also, it tells that all the service dependencies are not installed. Which exactly services is it talking about. Do I need to install some of the services or just I can stop the service on my system. I have not idea, any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Control Windows services

I think you might need these services to be install for dependencies

Csrss.exe
    Csrss means Client Server Run-time Subsystem. It is an essential subsystem that must operate continuously. Csrss manages console applications, creation and destruction of threads and some parts of the environment 16-bit virtual MS-DOS.

Explorer.exe
    It is the interface of your Windows desktop, the taskbar, etc. ... This process is not vital to the system (you can totally stop to restart via the Task Manager - Open and then type explorer.exe) by cons if you stop, beware, you don 'will get more than your screen.

There is one software that allows Start / pause / continue / arr? all Windows services, ie programs? Background tasks such as warning service, the firewall windows, managers printing (spool) and remote connections. The advantage over that provided by Windows is that it can change the State of a multiple services op-operation. But unfortunately I do not know what the name of the software is. Just google it and find.

A service can automatically when booting the operating system to start, manually start other programs on request or be disabled to be.[1] The operating system starts services regardless of whether the graphical user interface is started. Services generally do not communicate with the user interface. You yourself have no user interface. Often, there is the configuration of a service is a separate program. Windows provides the Service Control Manager services.exe ready to provide the starting and stopping services manages the. It is a RPC-Server. Its user interfaces are the Microsoft Management Console and the command interpreter cmd.exe. A program that will be launched as a service, it must be written that with the orders start | pause | continue | stop the service control manager can handle.

Just check out, if these are the service missing on your computer, if yen then install them

Lsass.exe
    This is the server local security authentication. It is he who is causing the process responsible for authenticating users by the Winlogon service.
    If authentication is successful, Lsass generates the "token" to access the user who is used to launch the initial shell. Other processes that the user can launch will inherit this "token".

Smss.exe
    This sub-system management session (Session Manager Subsystem). It is responsible for starting the user session. This process is responsible for various activities including the launch process Winlogon and Win32 (csrss.exe) and the positioning system variables. After it has launched these processes, it waits Winlogon or Csrss ends. If this occurs normally, the system stops.

smithshn Guest

In this case it may be problem of Csrss.exe file. Check its setinng.Csrss means Client Server Run-time Subsystem. It is an essential subsystem that must operate continuously. Csrss manages console applications, creation and destruction of threads and some parts of the environment 16-bit virtual MS-DOS. If still there is problem occurs then check out the windows corrupted file.

Access Interface Device :
    Allows incoming access to generic user interface devices that activate and maintain the use of predefined hot buttons on keyboards, remote controls, and other multimedia devices.

Windows Image Acquisition (WIA):
    Provides image acquisition services for scanners and cameras.

This error seems to occur because of an incompatibility between a program on your computer and Windows. It could be a lot of different applications, so you must first determine what program is actually causing the problem. You can do this by checking event logs on your Vista machine.