Thread: How to Change Dock Icons on Mac

How to Change Dock Icons on Mac

I am the happy owner of a new Mac and I'd like to change the icon of one of my stack, but I did not find out how. I thought to right click and "Show information" but there is no information regarding this issue. Anyone know how to change certain dock icons on my macbook. Please guide me in this matter i would be very much thankful to you.

Re: How to Change Dock Icons on Mac

To begin with this, grab the icon of your choice with png 128 × 128 pixels and rename it finder.png then store it in your clipboard (copy). Locate the file in Macintosh HD Dock.app System> Library -> CoreServices. Right click -> Show package contents, then paste your new icon in the folder Contents -> Resources. You must confirm your action and type your password if necessary.

Locate the file that contains com.apple.dock.plist your preferences for Dock in Macintosh HD -> Users -> [your account] -> Library -> Preferences. Copy file on the desktop to save, and delete the folder in moose preference. Restart the Dock using Activity Monitor. Select Dock from the list of operations, then click on Quit Process. The Dock will relaunch automatically with the new icon and the default preferences.

For changing the icon of one element from the dock you will need to follow the steps which are mentioned in here:

1. Select the volume, application, folder or file whose icon you want to place in another. Simply click on the icon to select it.
    2. On the File menu, choose Get Info or press Command-I to open the Information.
    3. Click on the icon in the upper left corner of the Info window to select it.
    4. On the Edit menu, choose Copy or press Command-C.
    5. Select the volume, application, folder or file whose icon you want to replace.
    6. On the File menu, choose Get Info or press Command-I.
    7. Click on the icon in the upper left corner.
    8. On the Edit menu, choose Paste or press Command-V to replace the icon.

CandyBar is all you need to renew the icons in Mac OS X, whether they are applications, system elements such as folders or files, disk drives and Dock items. CandyBar also has new designs for the Dock. You can change the background, icons and even the separators. With CandyBar is as easy as dragging the icon to replace and substitute. You can change a single icon or implement a whole collection with a single mouse click. Give an original touch to Mac OS X with new icons. You can use the default ones or use the endless collection of The Iconfactory .

Perform the instructions which i have mentioned below in order to get the your Dock icons.
    • First of all find the icon that you wish to have and save it to the desktop.
    • Then select the application of which the icon is to be changed.
    • Now, Use Get info on the selected application.
    • After that you need to highlight the icon in the Get Info dialog.
    • Paste the icon which you saved on your desktop here.
    • Finally drag the application to the dock.

Dr. V Guest

Well, the method is simple:

1) You'll need to modify the file (or the Dashboard in your case)>> Apple + i .
    2) You'll find the icon "model" with which you want to replace>> Apple + i above as well.
    3) Click on the thumbnail located at the top of the window of the icon "model">> Copy
    4) Clicking on the thumbnail of the file (or application) to edit>> Paste

That is, your file (or other) is amended.

To return to the original appearance: A click on the thumbnail>> Back [<-].
    CandyBar is an application That lets you collect, organize and change Mac OS X icons. iContainers Can hold standard OS X system icons as well as replacements like the trash can, folders and resources Even Dock That Can Be Quickly and Easily set, and Safely restored, with CandyBar.