Thread: Google Update Installer

Google Update Installer

I am having this problem from the last week. I have Macbook pro and from last week I repeatedly get Google Update Installer pop up. It asked me for password. When I enter password, nothing happened. Instead of installing anything it just said that I have Google Notifier & Google Update installed in computer. Please help me with Google Update Installer. Thank you.

Re: Google Update Installer

The same problem started today at my computer. I have never installed anything related to google on my computer. Due to security reason I never had entered password of my computer. I don't know how to fix this problem, how to stop this pop up from appearing. Then I restart my computer and surprisingly it solve my problem. I think you also restart your PC to fix this issue.

Google Software Update is like background application. Which is specially made for Mac os. Which is help to make sure that your computer has up-to-date, stable, and secure versions of the Google software. Google Software Update may run two services: GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent and GoogleSoftwareUpdateDaemon. These services allow Google applications to be safely and securely updated.

If you don't want to have Google Software Update on your PC, then please follow the steps below to uninstall it:
    1. Remove all Google programs that are installed on your computer.
    2. Open a Terminal window by going to Applications -> now go to Utilities in Finder.
    3. Now use following command in the Command prompt:
    Code:
    Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle/Contents/Resources/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent.app/Contents/Resources/install.py --uninstall

Use following steps to fix this problem.
    1.First you have to open terminal window. You can do this in the following ways:
    First go to the Applications option -> Now go to the Utilities option.
    2.Now type following command in that terminal window:
    Code:
    sudo /Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle/Contents/Resources/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent.app/Contents/Resources/install.py --uninstall
    It is used to Uninstall for the whole system.

Google Updater makes the software installation process more convenient in several ways. First, it streamlines the software installation process. Also, once Google Updater is installed, you can see which Google software you have already installed. Finally, Google Updater provides you with a central place for discovering and downloading more Google software. New Google applications are just a few clicks away.

Google Updater keeps track of the programs you have installed and can alert you when new versions become available. By default, updates are installed automatically. If you don't want to be notified when updates are available, follow these steps:

1. From the Finder, choose Go > Applications..
    2. Double-click the Google Updater icon.
    3. Choose Google Updater > Preferences.
    4. Uncheck the box labeled "Notify me when updates are installed".
    5. Click "Done".