Thread: Computer acts like the command key are stuck

Computer acts like the command key are stuck

I have bought a MBP and i have some problem regarding the typing on this computer system. I have given some of the symptoms about my problem as follows.
    Constant system alert noise after clicking spotlight.
    When i click an application on the Dock, then it opens the applications folder and selects the application corresponding to the dock.
    Command key gets stuck on selecting files and moving windows
    System alert about an "Are you sure you want to shutdown".

Re: Computer acts like the command key are stuck

I have seen the same kind of problem on my mac but i guess there is not a specific reason by which these kind of symptoms are being shown by a computer system.
    I used to restart my computer and the problem have gone but still it happens sometime but i do not know when it happen, Seems like happens randomly.

Dr. V Guest

As if you are using a wireless bluetooth keyboard then i would like you to make sure that it is enabled to start the computer and check the battery levels. And if you are using an external keyboard then first disconnect it and then reconnect it. Please make sure that you have put the connector is into the port properly.

Open the Universal Access preferences (in System Preferences), then click on the Mouse tab. Verify that the feature Mouse buttons is disabled, as shown below. (With the mouse buttons, you can use the keyboard or keypad to move the mouse. However, the functionality of standard keyboard is disabled until deactivation of the functionality of the mouse buttons.)

Open Word preferences in System Preferences. If the option "Speak selected text when key is pressed" is activated, the key combination used to describe the text can not be used for other purposes or to enter text. Use a less common key combination (try to use more modifier keys such as Shift., Control, Option and Control). You can also disable the option "Speak selected text when the button is pressed.

I think it should be happening because of an options checked for the Slow Key. You should disable it and then check whether your command keys are still getting stucked or not. Go to an Universal Access preferences in System Preferences and switch to the Keyboard tab. Here you can find for the Slow Keys which must be disabled.
    If you have selected this option then you have press the button for bit more time to get recognized.

1. Go to the System Preferences and click on an International.
    2. Then Input Menu tab.
    3. Check the checkbox "Enable" in the Keyboard Viewer.
    4. Select Show Keyboard Viewer in the Input menu.
    5. If your keyboard has been connected with Mac os x then the key which you press would be getting highlighted in the Keyboard Viewer window.
    6. Open TextEdit (or another text application) and enter text using the keys that do not meet earlier.