Thread: Documents Icon in Dock Stays Generic

Documents Icon in Dock Stays Generic

I have Macbook pro which has Mac OS X installed in it. I tried to change the "documents" folder icon, but I unable to do this. I tried to remove it from the dock and then drag it with new icon, but it just show blue folder. I don't know why documents Icon in Dock Stays Generic. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.

Re: Documents Icon in Dock Stays Generic

1.Choose volume -> now select application option -> now select folder, or file option ->Now select icon option.
    2.Menu -> Get.
    3.Click the icon from the Info window. to select it
    4.Edit menu -> Copy Command-C.
    5.volume -> application -> folder, or file for changing icon.
    6. File menu -> Get Info.
    7. Select icon from the upper side.
    8. Edit menu -> Paste Command-V to replace the icon.

Why don't you use Sabre Snow 1.0 for your MAcbook pro. It is a set of 51 icons designed for Grapich and Web Developers for their works. 2 version: Black and Silver. just click on the following link to download this application in your computer.
    Sabre Snow 1.0

From your information it seems that you have select "Display as Folder" option and that's why you are getting this problem. Most of the people have same type of problem and they are able to fix this problem by using following steps.
    Just right click on the folder and then choose "Display as Folder" option.

So it has certainly worked for the record documents. With this knowledge I went ahead and changed my folder icons for my "applications" and "Downloads" folder. They have changed with no problem. However, every time I either disconnect or reboot, they return to their records generic blue (with down arrow and the letter "A" respectively). Does anyone know why he continues to go back?

I had the same problem and then I able to fixed this problem by following way.
    First change of your documents folder. Click on the document entitled Management in the dock you see something that write files, the stack. click the icon for the stack of material changes after doing it again, but click on the folder it should work.

This should work - after changing the icons for these folders simply drag the batteries from the dock, then drag the files back to the dock, once you've done it enough to start to display the file and must continually show the new icons. I hope this will help you.