Thread: USB 3.0 on MacBooks

USB 3.0 on MacBooks

When Apple will market its MacBook Pro with USB 3.0. I'm about to buy a MacBook Pro on the Apple store, but I'm afraid of making a mistake when I found myself with USB 2.0 and 2-3 months later he sells it in 3.0!.At what price do you think Will it be available. Anyone aware when it will be released. Any ideas.

Re: USB 3.0 on MacBooks

I don't think that it is that important to bother about the same. Because what will be the difference between the usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 both will be reading the same devices but the only difference which can be predicted will be only the speed. So far i know i think that these are just rumours and no such upgrades are expected.

Personally for me it is important because i want to keep my computers about 4-5 years. Especially because the files are becoming larger with the arrival of Hard drive. So that i own the latest so that it has all the new features including the USB . It will be better so that i don't have to upgrade my system at least within a year of purchase. Any ways thanks for your reply

Simple yet, If a technology like USB 3 is scheduled for early 2010, it was not until mid / late 2010 to see really interesting products.

And Apple (which does not go fast for this kind of thing) will integrate the USB 3 in these machines probably in 2011. So now if you need speed for devices you pass via firewire 800 (on most Macs) or the eSata (with a map, so Mac Pro).

And you see, is the eSata on many pc over 5 years has still not crossed the doors of Apple.

If the first USB 3.0 devices start to arrive on the market, including hard drives, some industry players do not seem particularly eager to get started, including Intel. The new MacBook Pro has not gone to USB 3.0, but perhaps it would be better to go to Peak Light at the next generation. The Intel they are equipped does not support them, and Intel does not bear the USB 3.0 before 2011.

I think Apple has that kind of fear of industry standard, if you notice. Now, when it comes to their technology. You better believe, they will introduce a new model immediately. But hey, you can scroll with the trackpad sorta movie, What will keep the Pro The happy right Seriously tho, it is a little disappointing in the light of some of these great ads usb3 based product.

While there are rumors that Apple was involved in the design of the new cable, it could wait until then and skip to adopt USB 3.0 Light Peak in the next generation of MacBook Pro. If the first USB 3.0 devices start to arrive on the market, including hard drives, some industry players do not seem particularly eager to get started, including Intel.