Thread: Print Screen As JPG Instead Of PNG

Print Screen As JPG Instead Of PNG

Hello, I am getting trouble while making use of the print screen. Whenever I try to use the Print Screen that saves my image to the PNG format and I am not able to change that. So, if anyone is having solution for that, then give me solution for that. I want to save that image to the JPG format. If you have any idea for that, then help me with that.

Re: Print Screen As JPG Instead Of PNG

Under Windows generally Print Screen is used. Then we will glue together into an editor (such Paint) Or so if you want a few more features we have to use a third party program. On a mac there is no key Print Screen. Simply because there is no need. To take a screen of entire screen, Simply press the Cmd + Shift +3. To take a screen on part of the screen, it must then press the Cmd + Shift +4. Once the buttons are pressed, you will see a file on your desktop "Picture 1.png"Is your screenshot.You can then change the format and get the solution for your problem.

You can make use of the SnapNDrag 2.5.5 and get solved for your problem. So, simply use that and solve your problem. It will give you solution for your problem. It is having following requirements:
    OS requirements for SnapNDrag:

Minimum requirements:
    • Processor: PPC/Intel
    • Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later

If you are making use of the Mac then it will simply save the screenshot files in PNG format. Now if you want to change that format then you have to provide that format to the mac which you want to use. Start your terminal. For that you can use the Applications –> Utilities –> Terminal. Then type the command below:
    defaults write com.apple.screencapture type jpg
    You have the option of the following formats:
    • BMP
    • GIF
    • JPEG-2000
    • JPEG
    • PDF
    • PICT
    • PNG
    • PSD
    • SGI
    • TGA
    • TIFF

I would suggest you to make use of the Leopard for you Mac. If you simply use that, then you will able to get the solution for your problem. As if you make use of that, then it will simply ask you the format in which you want to save that image. So, you will able to get the solution for your problem. If you use that then you need not to worry about that, so, just make use of that and you will solve your problem.

Dr. V Guest

Though you will get the default option for the saving of your image file after print screen you will get that file in the png format, you can make use of the terminal application and solve your problem. It will allow you to use the format such as the jpg, gif, pdf or any figure of graphic image formats, helpful for online distribution, web pages or picture printing. Just make use of the terminal window and solve your problem.

You have to use the simple format of the below mentioned command and then you will able to solve your problem. It will simply solve your problem. It is just required to make use of that and then you will get solved for your problem. I have used that before and solved my problem, so, this will help you get the solution.

defaults write com.apple.screencapture type image_format