Thread: USB Polling Rates for Windows 7

USB Polling Rates for Windows 7

Hi guys,

I am working on windows 7 and suffering with some issue, do you all are aware about this issue or am I doing wrong something. I am unable to stand using a default 125MHz polling rate for gaming, its very noticeable and performance is getting very slow. Is there anyone here have done this before related to changing polling rates with Windows 7 ? Then you can do this to work ?

Thanks.

USB Polling Rates for Windows 7

I heard a lot that this issue is generally occurred in case of windows 7 but I am running with windows Xp and getting such type issues But I hope you all will have any solution for this very issue. I was able to increase polling rate for my USB mouse very simply (but just downloading and running a program) in Windows XP, but from what I have read on the internet, configuring the USB polling rate for a mouse in Windows 7 is much more included. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to go about doing this?

Re: USB Polling Rates for Windows 7

There are two files that I used with my previously mouse on Vista x64. They should still be functional on Windows 7 x64 too, though I haven't tried it as my Logitech G5 can increase the polling rate with this software.

You can get it directly from the internet and just download the zip file and run the setup.exe for hidusbf and get the guidelines in the readme file that always provided with it. Once you have increased that then come to execute mouserate and move your mouse around in the software and it will suggest you for your USB polling rate so you can find that it has been increased completely.

Hey mate !
    Thanks for your kind replies, I got your post and followed the same procedure to do this . I got an exact package from other location as you stated me to do that but it couldn't get it to work. If I have an Intel processor and Windows 7, then which HIDUSBF.SYS should I sign? Or anything needs to change in the system configuration to get it to work properly..Please suggest me some effective suggestion !!!

USB Polling Rates for Windows Vista & 7 64-bit

I have something here that is a fast method to change your USB polling rate to 1000hz (1.00ms response time). .

1. What you required: HIDUSBF.zip - dimr.exe (Direct Input Mouse Rate).
    2. unzip the zipped file HIDUSBF.zip & dimr.exe into a proper directory.
    3. Right click on "HIDUSBF.INF" find install (If Warning popping up about unsigned drivers then don't take stress)
    4. Open up dseo13b.exe and find the status "Enable Test Mode"
    5. Restart
    6. After Restarting , you will get "Test mode Windows XXXX build XXXX" You can get rid of it but for currently open dseo13b.exe again and find "Sign a system file"
    7. In the box type in "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\HIDUSBF.sys". If true a window will popped up saying "The system file has been signed succesfully..."
    8. Restart
    9. Reopen HIDUSBF directory and click on "Setup.exe"
    10. Find your mouse click on it (it should be highlighted contains blue) and at the bottom of the window find "Filter On Device" and choose your Rate
    11. Click Restart and open up dimr.exe. If it's still launched default 125hz then restart your windows Vista or 7 64-bit operating system again
    12. To remove watermark open dseo13b.exe and click on Remove watermarks. It will provide you the link for jumping on the website with the proper files to remove it

Hello sir,

I have already said that I am running with windows XP not on windows vista or windows 7, according to your post you have stated specifically for only windows 7 users who are getting such issue and also mentioned for 64 bit. Actually, I have also the same issue but I am running with the windows Xp 32 bit. Do you have any suggestion for me then please mention that also .....your help would be greatly appreciated