Thread: How can I find yahoo profiles folder in windows 7?

How can I find yahoo profiles folder in windows 7?

HI. I just had a new OS, which is Windows7. Now, my problem is.. I can't find the folder of Yahoo Profiles in the C drive. Can anyone please tell me where I can find it.. My mom is such a nosy one, and she is vey techy person. I just want a head-up on her.

thank you.

Re: How can I find yahoo profiles folder in windows 7?

Hello there,
    Many users are facing this problem that they cannot find the yahoo profiles folder in windows 7. It seems like some issue that is conflicting in the Windows 7 operating system. I think that the officials of Yahoo or Microsoft must release some perfect solution to eradicate this situation.

I am having same problem I backed up the profile from XP to be used under windows 7
    Last edited by zillah; 16-06-2010 at 02:45 AM.

Well, normally in Windows XP, the location of the log files created via yahoo chat (.dat) is typically as follows, unless the installation directory was changed, which is mentioned below:

C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles\<yahoo_username>

But in Windows Vista, the new location of the log files via yahoo chat have been moved to the user's AppData directory:

C:\Users\<windows_usrnme>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles\<yahoo_username>

C:\Users\<windows_usrnme>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles\<yahoo_username> (for x86 version of Windows)

But if you try to access this directory, then you will prolly see that Windows Explorer crashes. Therefore to solve this issue just copy and paste the Profiles folder path shown above into Windows Explorer's address bar. Change <windows_usrnme> and <yahoo_username> as necessary and this tip can also be used for Windows 7. Hope that helps