Thread: Windows 7 No access to 2nd HDD

Windows 7 No access to 2nd HDD

I was running this mainboard (Asus P6T) with the same 2 SATA Hard Drives. I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7, and now regardless of what I try, I cannot get access to the 2nd HDD. I thought perhaps was a compatability issue, but I have tried 3 different hard drives in the 2nd spot on the SATA controller, and have no success in even seeing any of them since upgrading to Windows 7. Can someone out there assist in this matter?

The BIOS does not acknowledge either drive, but the 1st SATA drives flawlessly, and I have tried a 250GB, a 500GB, and a 1TB HDD as the 2nd HDD, nothing.

Tried pushing the CDROM drive letter down the chain, nothing... Tried a couple different CMOS settings on the SATA controlling, nothing.

I am having a hard time buying this is a hardware issue when it worked flawlessly under Windows Vista, and as soon as Windows 7 was installed, it just stopped acklowledging the 2nd hdd... All the drives tried as the 2nd HDD are verifiably good drives in other systems...

This has been an ongoing issue for months now, and its now become mandatory to utilize another drive. Judging the sheer amounts of others who are having the same exact problems with Windows 7, has anyone come up with a fix for this, or at least have a solution?

Re: Windows 7 No access to 2nd HDD

Try to change the jumper settings. Make on of the hard disk drive as secondary and other as primary slave. You may then be able to get the issue to sort well. Check out for the connector cables. I hope there is some issue with it. Change then and then try to hook it with other one.

SATA... No jumpers to change No guessing please, enough guesses in the other forums... Looking for solutions...

I was also facing same problem with when I updated the operating system on the computer to Windows 7. The second hard drive on the computer was not detected by the computer. I updated the drivers for the SATA controller which solved the issue. So update the SATA controller drivers and see if the hard drive is detected.