Thread: How many times can you install windows 7 retail

How many times can you install windows 7 retail

I have been using a compaq presario laptop installed with windows vista. i have two desktop computers too at my home How many times can you install windows 7 retail. I want to know whether i can install it on all the three systems i am having and will it be activated. is is possible Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Re: How many times can you install windows 7 retail

Effectively the license keys can only be used for a single computer. I mean to say for three computer you wil have to purchase three different copies one for each of the system. There are volume licenses that represent savings for users with multiple computers, but the minimum for this type of license is 5.

I think that if you want windows 7 to be installed on all the three machines then you will have to purchase windows 7 for all the 3 machines seperately. Purchasing three operating system will be somewhat expensive so i will advice you to go through the thread which i have mentioned below. which will help you to buy a copy of windows 7 for as less as 22 $.
    Windows 7 ultimate only 22 USD

No solution to the question you have asked 3 different copies of windows 7 will be required for three different machines.

Otherwise you will face problem while activating your copy and your operating system would be treated as ingenuine and you will not be able to recieve the windows updates.

Dr. V Guest

I would suggest you not to install windows 7 on all the three system since it will cost you very much.

So it would be better if you install windows 7 only on your laptop

Use the remaining two desktop installed with windows XP only iyou can still access your desktops using the laptop with windows 7.

You can install windows 7 on a system only once since when you install it for the first time then it gets married to that system only and hence i would suggest you to use three individual windows 7 copy for all the three operating system. You cannot install a single operating system on three operating system if you try to do so your original copy will be affected too.

As far as i know i think that you cannot install with the same key on all the three systems. You will have to purchase three different operating systems for all the three systems individually. So that you can install one operating system on each of your laptop as well as the desktop computer respectively hope that this will help you.