I recently got an imac g3
    Specs:
    -256 MB RAM
    -4 GIGS Of Hard Drive Space
    -Mac OS X Jaguar/10.2.8
    -Blue And White G3
    -Built In Firewire
    -Superdrive(CD ROM-DVD ROM)
    It Works Great but I found out that I need Mac os x 10 tiger to have FF 3.6 and Safari 4.0, Recently(like yesterday) I found Mac OS X 10.4 TIGER online and downloaded it, it was 3 GIGS exactly, so i tried to boot it up and install. I found out that I would have to burn it to a disc, BUT I CANT FIND ANY BURNING SOFTWARE FOR 10.2.8, whatever i did find it didn't work, so after that i tried using disc copy for it turns out that didn't work because everytime it says, Could Not find any suitable drives to burn discs. I just wanna upgrade to os 10 tiger so i can do all usual web browsing! Please HELP!!! I would pay for it but it costs $150.00 on amazon(LOWEST PRICE I FOUND) and 50.00 on amazon I just dont have that kind of money! (Am 13) please if you guys could find any burning software for 10.2.8 please let me know. Thank You In Advance!.
    -Live Like A Mac-

Re: Upgrade to Mac OS X Tiger/10.4

DVD Imager 1.6 is the software you need for burning DVD disk images for your Mac operating system. It is designed with the user friendly interface for creating the DVD disk images. It is a freeware software you can download it from its official site. It is specifically designed for Mac OS X 10.2 or higher

sad Re: Upgrade to Mac OS X Tiger/10.4

I just did it but every time I insert the blank cd or dvd it doesn't recognize it, it just comes right out...
    -Live Like A Mac-

Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, and Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard come on what appear to be larger than 4.7 GB discs. This does not mean you need a dual layer drive to install them. Some Macs capable of installing Tiger or Leopard came with a built-in CD-RW, or CD-ROM drive. For those a compatible Firewire DVD drive for booting Mac OS X can work instead of replacing the internal drive. Tiger also came in a limited edition Media Exchange Program CD installer package, which you may be able to find in the open market.

More information can be found here.

smile Re: Upgrade to Mac OS X Tiger/10.4

I dont understand, Should i just use my windows vista pc and burn it from there? Could that work??
    -Live Like A Mac-

Quote Originally Posted by macdudy123 View Post
    I dont understand, Should i just use my windows vista pc and burn it from there? Could that work??
    Download the Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger installation manual from here. Just right click on it and save target to your desktop. In this pdf you will get to know step by step procedure how to install Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. However if you are too new for this, then I would recommend you to rather stay on Windows Platform only.