Thread: Windows 7 tells me that my hard disk will fail

Windows 7 tells me that my hard disk will fail

Hi, i am having 3 PCs with Windows Xp. Now i decided to upgrade one of them to Windows 7. I bought Home edition and when am trying to install it on one of my system, windows 7 intimate with a message saying that my hard disk will fail. Weird

I have no idea about this. Never seen before while installing any OS. Could you guys please help me out in this ?

Appreciated .

Re: Windows 7 tells me that my hard disk will fail

Hard disk failure error while installing windows maybe coz of space on the drive. I'll suggest you to format your drive completely and than try again to install Windows 7. Hope it wont harass this time. If it is , than find any option to tell it not to ask about it again. I guess it won't appear again. Do let me know the result.

Hey mates, thanks for discussing this topic. I am also having the similar problem with my system. Its Windows 7 and i am getting this error on a ready system (not while installing). I dont know whats wrong with my drive. Its almost new, bought it 2 months ago.

Is there any one to suggest on this ? Thanks for all your helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewei View Post
    Its Windows 7 and i am getting this error on a ready system (not while installing). I dont know whats wrong with my drive. Its almost new, bought it 2 months ago.
    Very complicated. You should have given some more details about this error. I meant when it appears, while playing games or installing and application or so... because this kind of error on newly bought HDD is strange. But anyways, there is an application named Drive Fitness Test, you can use. It creates a DOS boot disk that loaded when you turn on the computer running the utility Drive Fitness Test (DFT). It scans the SCSI drives, SATA and IDE hard drives to check their operation.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey demaio View Post
    I meant when it appears, while playing games or installing and application or so... because this kind of error on newly bought HDD is strange.
    Thanks for the quick reply mate. This error occurs anytime. usually while am working with AutoCAD, Photoshop, etc. And that is really hampering when I am in the middle of a large file. Also i have no games on my this system.

Also i thank you for the tool. I just downloaded it. Will let you know the response.

Hitachi Drive Fitness Test is the best tool to find and fix the hardrive problems. It also detects and other physical errors such as the allocation of sectors, the stability of reading etc. It also performs formatting and can even erase the Master Boot Record MBR, which stores the partition table. In short it is a tool to prevent and fix major problems still have solutions.

"It is obvious that you can not repair the disk because you're working on it. You need to insert in your DVD player setup, boot from it and then run without an installation, go to the menu bar, then Utilities disk utilities and there so you can fix your HDD

There is also the possibility of using a command terminal"