Thread: Kismac on a Macbook Pro

Kismac on a Macbook Pro

Hello, I download KisMAC, but impossible to make him recognize the WiFi card for new MacBook (aluminum). Is there a patch or a driver for it to fix.?? I have searched on the Web but didn't find an appropriate solutions. So I thought that posting on this forum maybe helpful, since you have solved some of my doubts. So expecting same this time. Please tell me any solution so that my problem will be fixed.!!

Re: Kismac on a Macbook Pro

I'm sorry to say that, but KisMAC does not allow passive mode other than the macbook pro (core 2 duo and duet), to use KisMAC on these machines, you need a wireless key (mac compatible course). If someone know how to go to the passive mode, please help me too.!!

Hello, there is still no version of KisMAC prepackage to switch to passive mode. However, you can, by getting the svn achieve your goals.
    1. Step 1: Install xcode. You will able to install that from an official site of apple.
    2. Step2: Install subversion (by darwin ports).
    3. Step3: downloader and compile KisMAC.
    4. Step4: run KisMAC and add Extreme card in passive mode.

After doing these steps, you may need to reboot. That, however is long enough for capturing packets since the driver does not support the injection, so you have to capture a lot of packets before they can launch either a dictionary attack.

Look, I had my KisMAC that worked well with my Version software mac os X 10.4.9. The problem came when I upgrade to 10.4.10. Since then, I said that drivers can not find the airport extreme. My question is: anyone knows if they will make one or where I can download updated drivers to work.?? I downloaded the version that is the beginning of this post and I do not work. Hoping some sooner response.!!

Many people have had problems with the Airport configured with Intel processors. The fact is that you can get the intel compiler KisMAC for it yourself. First you download the source of KisMAC. The new Macbook with Intel processors come with an Airport Extreme wireless card with Atheros chipset. KisMAC is a free application for the detection of Wi-Fi wireless networks, requires that the card is running in passive mode to get the full potential of the program.

The problem comes because Apple has a bad habit of not saying how your hardware, so it has not been able to create a driver to work properly in passive mode with the new Macbooks. But all is not lost, the guys are working KisMAC reverse engineered a driver for passive mode with the Airport Extreme card. We can prove ourselves this driver compiling the development version, available in the subversion repository of KisMAC, so we need :
    • A svn client, for example subversion-client-1.3.1.dmg.
    • The software development tools from Apple XCode (or the installation DVD of Mac OSX).

Cautions for those who have the bad idea to buy a card atheros usb chip: if the atheros is splendid with the madwifi driver in linux or password nikel in pci and pcmcia, usb driver does not support injection. For me it works with the live CD backtrack 3 beta (Linux distribution made to test the networks of all kinds and that does not require installation of) on my Macbook C2D 2ghz. Must download backtrack 3 beta (the final two drivers not compatible with my macbook atheros card).
    "Let us remember that our interest is in concord, not conflict, and that our real eminence rests in the victories of peace, not those of war." -McKinley