Thread: where to get Smartdrv.exe

where to get Smartdrv.exe

i am using a dell inspiron desktop installed with windows XP. recently i have heard of a file smartdrv.exe which is a quiet useful file where will i get this file please help me to find out this file also tell me where will i get the Smartdrv.exe file so that i can download and install it on my system. Please tell me how to go about this any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Re: where to get Smartdrv.exe

Smartdrv is used to adjust the disk caches in 16 bit mode under DOS or Windows3.11, if you still use them. I don't think so that this file willl be working anymore with windows XP. however this file is later released by Microsoft in order to increase or optimize the hard disk performance and also to speed up the windows startup.

In Windows XP Home Edition this file does not exist. I chose to that of Windows 98 that is also installed on my computer. But how to start automatically? And there really is dependent memory. I run it manually and I seems that the player hard disk is faster, but I am not aware of a trace of this file in memory. If you have information, I thank you in advance.

It is not essential for the proper functioning of the system. If you need the disk space can be removed. However if this utility is installed on your system then you can make your system perform faster for you so i would sugges you to install this utility on your system you can download it directly from the microsoft website.

If you activate support for CD-ROM, and there SMARTDRV.EXE file (for disk cache), is also charged. This improves access to the FD, HD and CD. If you have chosen to have support for CD-ROM software will be charged for this. In this case the CD-ROM will be drive A:, and there is more than one such unit will be assigned to successive letters A..

SMARTDRV.EXE. Create a disk cache in memory. This will save hard disk accesses and greatly accelerates the overall system performance. Although this program is automatically placed in the AUTOEXEC to install ms-dos, learn how to configure it properly for your computer. This should help you.

This utility is used for optimizing system memory. Its main objective is to free as much conventional memory. The reason is simple: all application programs based on MS-DOS use this memory. Its advantage is the impressive speed when reading or writing data. However, always took the short memory of the computer and its contents are lost when disconnecting.