Thread: Backtrack 4 final release says bios might be broken

Backtrack 4 final release says bios might be broken

I am having an issue with the backtrack 4 which i need to solve with the help of yours. Actually my Backtrack 4 final release says bios might be broken but i can still boot the and run with same. But when it comes to the wireless card it is not activating. So you can help me with this issue then advise me the same. Thank you.

Re: Backtrack 4 final release says bios might be broken

Hey i think you forgot to mention the system specification that will help us to find the solution of your problem easily. So p-lease provide us the same. Also let us know which error you are getting while you are activating the Wireless card. Please don't forget to mention the model of your Wireless card. Hope to get response.

Yes i forgot actually. I am having the HP Pavilion DV6 the wireless card which is having the Intel Wireless G Card or N card that i am not sure about. Does it the problem of the Wireless card or the problem is in the BIOS itself. If it is BIOS then let me know what should i do to resolve this issue. A help may be appreciated.

As per my knowledge it seems that there might be something wrong with the Wireless Card only that is why you are getting the no connectivity with the same. I will advise you to take a look on the /etc/init.d/wicd start and then try to fix the error with the same which might work with your issue. So take a look on the same.

I think this is the issue with the BIOS of your system which is not working all fine and having some malfunction. In that case i will advise you to have the update of BIOS. If the issue is related to the BIOS which we are predicting then it will resolve with the update of the BIOS. So try the same and see whether the problem is still there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by urgaffel View Post
    I think this is the issue with the BIOS of your system which is not working all fine and having some malfunction. In that case i will advise you to have the update of BIOS. If the issue is related to the BIOS which we are predicting then it will resolve with the update of the BIOS. So try the same and see whether the problem is still there or not.
    I have tried the same and updated the BIOS but after the update when i am working with the backtrack, everything going smooth except one thing that is Wireless Card. Please advise me more.

put fixvesa and later startx.....
    problem resolved....
    ahhhh and hp dv6 rules!!!!!