Thread: Boot Backtrack 4 pre final on HDD (without install)

Boot Backtrack 4 pre final on HDD (without install)

I wanted to Boot Backtrack 4 pre final on HDD (without install) so that i can make the boot of the backtrack without installation of the same. I am not sure that how to make that or it is possible for the backtrack to run without the installation of the same. So please let me know if there is anything working with the same. Thank you.

Re: Boot Backtrack 4 pre final on HDD (without install)

For that you have to create the Grub4dos menu first and then extract the Iso file of your backtrack to the C:/Casper and /Boot now edit the menu.lst which you have created in Grub4dos menu to the "gfxmenu /FREE4VN/message" and
    "configfile /FREE4VN/menu_old.lst" rename the title to BackTrack4 Pre Final and you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by SalVatore View Post
    For that you have to create the Grub4dos menu first and then extract the Iso file of your backtrack to the C:/Casper and /Boot now edit the menu.lst which you have created in Grub4dos menu to the "gfxmenu /FREE4VN/message" and "configfile /FREE4VN/menu_old.lst" rename the title to BackTrack4 Pre Final and you are done.
    I have gone through the same but having an issue that i need to sort out and that is with the Grub4dos i am not aware of this file so that i am not even aware of the functioning of the same. So help me with the download of the file.

Grub4dos is used to create the bootable drive which will used to make the OS run without installing the OS and if i am not wrong then you are looking for the same. So if you want to boot the Backtrack on Hard drive without having any installation then you should have to use the below given attachment which is having the download for the Grub4dos.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the download which you have given me and i have gone through the but let me tell you that this is not possible for me to create the Grub4dos as i am not familiar with the use of the same. So if you will help me with the creation of the Grub4dos menu then i can achieve the complete boot if backtrack on the Hard drive.

For the creation of the Grub4dos menu you have to install the Grub4dos on the Windows V0.2.exe and then run the Grub4dos on the same. Now copy the ISO file of the backtrack to the /FREE4VN and then create the menu.lst on the C drive. Thats all you have to do with the creation of the Grub4dos menu. So try this out. One more thing if you are running the Windows 7 then you have to bcd_edit.cmd.