Thread: BackTrack version 3

BackTrack version 3

Hello,
    I have finally installed Backtrack 3 live on my sony 2 gb usb key. I have followed all that said on the wiki, unless the parties or I need to change any line of code in the syslinux.cfg I think I could not find the line PC change. In short, when I do something for example I put my icon on the desktop, change the wallpaper, and adds some content icon and I restart and very surprised when I come back to the office nothing has been saved. What exactly is this problem all about? If you have any solution for this then please let me know. Thank you for your help.

Re: BackTrack version 3

Hello,
    It is precisely the most important, otherwise it will not work. You must determine which mode you use when you launch BT3 (Vesa KDE, Fluxbox, etc ...) When it is launched when you are mounted in ext3 partition and you add the option changes = / path / partition in the line that corresponds to your mode "preferred".

Hello,
    I think the above post has answered your question. If you do not understand it, it would certainly be better to leave BT aside for a moment of history you do hands on GNU / Linux. Take a Ubuntu for instance because it is much more user friendly. So, if you are just starting with the linux based operating system then you can start with ubuntu distribution, it will help you to learn linux. And once your are at the intermediate level then you can go with this version.

Hello,
    I think I'm doing really well with my back track and guess what it is bootable backup and the more I fix the small stuff that I don, had not well and its working. Even I did had the same problem , but when I re installed the system it started very well. Just reinstall the system and see if it works for you. I think this solution should work well, and if you have the same problem again the you can post back with the error you are getting.

Hello,
    I desperately sought the third version of Backtrack 1 or 2 which is working properly. In fact I found on the website version of Riven BT4 whose program is installed but not working. The injection works perfectly with aireplay. Airodump too. I tried to install several spoonwep recovery thanks to the various tutorials but my limited computer skills lead me to consecutive failures. I also try using a version BT3 Fusion but in this version, the driver does not allow the injection system and all the plant. Any idea about this.

Hello,
    Talk about a version of BackTrack 4? So you might look far. I dug the issue recently, and it seems that Spoonwep (which is more developed for over a year) is more compatible with new versions of Aircrack. More specifically, it is based on a text file generated by Airodump, but the new version generates the XML -> spoonwep is lost If you insist on using Spoonwep BT, you'll have to downgrade the whole series BackTrack , hoping it is still compatible with the new batteries Wifi / New drivers, and you quibble left to right to make everything work ... And I wish you much pleasure

Hi,
    Why you do not use WiFi Gerix cracker? Or Wepbuster? Or even Minidwep? I do not ca for you in particular, but I do not understand why people do not want to hear that Spoonwep. Oke, it is simple and pretty (though), but it is so old that it takes more time to adapt than doing everything by hand