Thread: Backtrack 4 VMware help

Backtrack 4 VMware help

Hello everyone,
    I have vmware 6 on my laptop, and I want to install Backtrack 4. I have a wireless card intel (R) WiFi Link 100 BGN and I ask myself if it is possible to use the card internal laptop since backtrack, because by doing a search on the internet I read that c was not possible because this card is internal and is used by the laptop and had to buy a USB wifi card. Please help me out.!!

Re: Backtrack 4 VMware help

I am also having the similar issue. I installed VMware Workstation on my Windows XP system and when I run it with backtrack vmware 4 beta network my wireless card is usb not identify the web pages displayed. When I run a command with airmon-ng is the interface of my wireless card is not recognized. So please help me too..!!
    JUSTVICKS returns with a great relief
    and freedom is my realistic belief
    all above all
    someone shall fall
    but not me
    just wait and see.

You should know that the command airmon-ng is a command to hack WEP, WPA etc. Also you do not give us much information here to help. Already, what is your configuration? wireless / ethernet? card pci / pcmcia / usb? If you followed a procedure for any attempt to operate the network?? I think that you should check the pci network card. under vmware "network ADAPTER >> Virtual network >> virtual host >> VMnel0 >> network card. Hope doing that will help you.
    "Let us remember that our interest is in concord, not conflict, and that our real eminence rests in the victories of peace, not those of war." -McKinley

There are two commands to type to turn and the network, and Network Manager :
    Code:
     / Etc / init.d / networking start
     / Etc / init.d NetworkManager start
    If after AC AC does not work, see if your router / dhcp box is in, or if the machines have a fixed IP, if using dhcp, you can always try the following :
    Code:
    dhclient eth0
    and if you're fixed ip, you just have to config all this by manually.
    Whats my name again? I spend so much time looking at code i fogot my own name ahhh!

BackTrack is a GNU / Linux recognized by professionals as comprehensive and effective in analyzing network and penetration testing. A basic understanding of Unix / Linux and network technology is required in order to understand some items. However, it seems that your knowledge of linux am limited. I can advise you to begin to familiarize yourself with Ubuntu to be able to attack then backtrack.
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core @ ~2.2 GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 200 GB
    Video Card: RADEON X300/X550 Series

Standard Installation without swap. To customize.
    • Boot from the live cd user = root
    • password = toor

Then type start. It opens a shell (the second icon in the lower left).

You can do the Partitioning of hard drive by :
    bt ~ # fdisk / dev / sda Device contains a valid DOS partition Neither table, nor Sun, SGI or OSF disklabel Building a new DOS disklabels. Change Will Remain in memory only, decided to Until You write them. After That, of course, the previous content will not Be Recoverable. Warning: invalid flag 0x0000 of partition table 4 Will Be corrected by w (rite) Command (m for help): n Command action e extended p primary partition (1 - 4) p Partition number (1-4): 1 First cylinder (1-522, default 1): Using default value 1 Last cylinder or + size or + or + sizeM sizeK (1-522, default 522): Using default value 522 Command (m for help): w The partition table has been "Altered" Calling ioctl () to re-read partition table. Syncing disks. bt ~ #.
    The installer with GUI installer for Backtrack is located in Menu \ Backtrack \ Miscellaneous \ (the menu is the K icon in the lower left).