Thread: BackTrack 4 in graphical mode

BackTrack 4 in graphical mode

The new version of BackTrack is looming on the horizon, you may already have a good overview of the changes and especially a major, instead of being based on Slackware, this live DVD is now based on Ubuntu. I have installed the same on my system but i am not able to enter the Graphical mode. please help me how to enter the BackTrack 4 in graphical mode

Re: BackTrack 4 in graphical mode

I think you have not used the startx command . You have not mentioned whether you have entered the user name and the password correctly in your system. Use the Username as "root" and password as "toor" without the double quotes. then in the console you only need to use the startx commands. Hope this helps you.

By cons it will always be built using technology linux-live scripts (probably to use. Deb to generate. Lzm) It is no longer built on the linux-live scripts from.

To switch to graphical mode after login (root) and password (toor) type:
    • startx to start KDE

• or

• BT4-crystal power start FVWM

I have a small problem with my computer. I tried two Linux distribution: Ubuntu 6.0.6 ZenWalkLive and early boot is a fairly normal and worst of all of a sudden makes me: No Screen Found and after c black screen. so the live cd is booted even hear the startup sound and everything, but nothing on the screen! Please help.

First it is better to use a newer version than Ubuntu 6.06: 7.10 is the most suitable. However, if you want a distribution with support over 18 months, I recommend Debian 4.0 instead. You can try to use the start x command after logging in to the system using the default password and the username.

if you are using a laptop, you must find the doc on the manufacturer, the resolutions supported by the screen for eg 1280x800 or 1024x768 or 1280x1024 or 800x600 depending on size. If it is a flat screen, it must find the refresh frequency to be applied. l. A flat screen is still 60Hrz.

But there is a competition for frequencies give standart -> it depends on the material. so be careful before changing.

As far as i know if you are using a live dvd live DVD starts in console mode (login and password as usual, login: root password: toor), it says that n is not annoying for more than half the applications it contains, with virtually the very best in software intrusion / security system, you will not miss anything