Thread: Fedora 9 - corrupt file system

Fedora 9 - corrupt file system

Hello,
    I has installed Fedora 9 (used to its opt) on external HD (it has a Power Book 1.67 last of the family). Entitled to it are : / disk @ 0:7, / vmlinuz-2.6.25-14.fc9.ppc: but it given an unknown or corrupt file system exception. If you know what this error is then please help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Fedora 9 - corrupt file system

Hello,
    It just means it can not find the kernel to boot (more precisely it can not find the partition or peripheral) Is this drive is bootable at all? the install is complete through without error? Also, i will recommend you to test with the live cd or else the best you can do is to test the same installation cd without installing it and then see if it works.

Hello,
    Even I do have a similar kind of a problem. It simply means it can not find the kernel to boot (more precisely it can not find the partition or peripheral) Is this drive is bootable at all? The install went well place until the end without error? The problem is that we do not know how to specify the correct path. The installation ran through without problem and, a prior, the disk is bootable. I was that the installer took care of everything . When SD is connected it wants to start on Fedora by default then the error message appears.

Hello,
    I has created three partitions, the first (format free space) was reserved for Fedora, the installer has responsible for all carefree and has also created a partition on the internal drive (I forget the name) in which he placed a boot "something" - I think it's related to grub. For the rest I do not know the details. I have tried this type of installation, because it has no Leopard DVD with him not to risk being stranded without Mac OS. Any other advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    In order not to bother BIOS problems and above all do not have to partition the HDD which is installed OSX Why not virtualize Linux? I myself use Fedora 9 natively on a laptop and Fedora 9 virtualized on an iMac. For Fedora 9, it is best to use VirtualBox, it is free, and clearly supports the Linux VM Fusion or Parallels. After testing installations of F9 with all three products, the outcome of races is obvious: no success with Parallels and vmware-tools does not work very well with Fusion (VMware) but still ok, but was clearly the best in VirtualBox.

Hello,
    OK. I had not considered the fact that this type of boot was reserved for Intel Macs. Given the galley (if, if, even if it is one ...) we'll stop here. I'll wait my boy back down in the noon and we're going from zero internally. Thanks for the replies anyway.

Hello,
    Thank you anyway for the reply. To finally close the issue, although the PPC boot via USB. Mac OS 9 booting it in USB 1.1. I am simplifying for short. The intervention is required at the Open Firmware and I do not want to. So, I think this topic is closed now.