Thread: Xubuntu login problem

Xubuntu login problem

Hello,
    I downloaded xubuntu G3 imac for my 233MHz, 256MB, 4GB. So I install, everything goes well. So when I want to start on this new operating system, the computer crashes to the page where it is marked "Xubuntu" below with the loading bar that locks to the first pixel bar. Two minutes after the screen goes black with a splash in left that flashes a message. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Xubuntu login problem

Hello,
    When you leave the computer by hand, type this:
    Code:
    modprobe ide_cd (then enter) 
    modprobe isofs (then enter) 
    modprobe piix (then enter) 
    exit (and entry)
    with me, it did to each start and I was forced to type these line every time. So it starts by type (and keeping them in a corner on another computer ) and then when booting Xubuntu is, wait until it suggest you do updates current and complies.

Hello,
    You're going to Applications -> System -> Language support
    (language support). And there you deselect the language and then you take off and leave it. Finally, leaving this program, it will propose to update these packages. I guess this information will help you. If you have any more queries regarding this then you can post.

Hello,
    Sorry to be a pain in the foot, but what do you mean with: "It does not work in my iMac?" Do not you think the application language management? You can not open media language ? You're unable to update the language packs? Arf, forever problem source software. I'll have to post mine once and for all the next time I'd be on the iBook.

Hello,
    I installed in the rules of art (dual boot with Panther), but nothing to start, beautiful screen Xubunbtu Home and Busybox long after, I tried the modprobe lines etc. I understand anything, and more from the session OS X can not see the Linux partition. I hope this will be helpful. If you need any more help regarding this then you may post.

Hello,
    I did the install of 7.10 on an iMac DV (400 MHz), I followed all the info I gave you, and I got. So I do not know what to advise. Download the ISO (7.10 Alternate PPC, of course!) Check the md5sum of your image, launch burning, Checks written data, your iMac with the Lance CD inserted and press 'C'. To reboot, you will have the bp Busybox, it slaps you lines said earlier and you end with 'exit' when you're under Gusty, you immediately put it to upgrade to hardy. Then everything should be fine, if it does not work, I do not know what to do more.

Hello,
    Is these four lines of message passing it on my computer, no effects, there must be a parade through the command line to find here or elsewhere, I'll browse the Ubuntu forum and see if I can get some help there.