Thread: XP Mode works with no CPU Virtualization support Hotfix

XP Mode works with no CPU Virtualization support Hotfix

I have seen an article which was trying to convey that “Microsoft has removed the hardware virtualization barrier to running XP Mode”. But the hardware based virtualization technology and the precise CPUs that featured it are the huge source of confusion. If it is possible to remove that hurdle then it will make the Windows XP Mode a much more reliable and dependable option for those users and organizations that are currently using it.

But I am a little confused about it so I need the clear description about does XP Mode works with no CPU Virtualization support Hotfix.

Re: XP Mode works with no CPU Virtualization support Hotfix

I am playing around a bit lately with the VirtualBox, in my Vista64 operating system since this machine is having lot more RAM then it is required to have. But if I try anyone of those converters that is making an image from the partition it will not boot. There is no much fun if you need to reinstall all the applications. I will suggest to make a custom XP install with applications first and use that if I need a virtual machine.

I got it worked I have used nLite for making a trimmed down install CD. The main point is to change the network attachment type from Nat to Bridged. After that you will be able to see Public folders on the host computer system without worrying about the SharedFolder thing.

The responsiveness is really good. I have allocated 64 MB video RAM and turned on 2D and 3D acceleration for the virtual machine. But till now I am not able to figure out the how to get USB to work but I am able to use the network and also able to mount the optical drive.

XP Mode is able to run the previous or the older operating system in a virtual environment under Windows 7 for the best compatibility for the older application. Actually, Microsoft is claiming that XP Mode provides Windows XP compatibility under Windows 7
    If you are thing of doing this then you require minimum of 2 gigabytes of RAM. According to Microsoft Mode will utilize and require virtualization technologies in recent processors such as Intel VT and AMD-V. One more thing hardware virtualization requires to be enabled in the system BIOS too.

According to me this expected. If you are using window 7 for the purpose of host operating system, will require minimum of 1 gigabyte of RAM and then XP will require minimum 512K - 1GB of RAM. The hardware speeding up that is offered by the latest CPUs probably is not required but it will help in increasing performance. In Virtual PC 2007 user can turn the hardware support on and off. I am sure the similar technology that is being used for the XP support under the window 7.

Most of the games and the programs will work in Win7 in native mode. The computer system I have put together with the XP operating system comes with the 4 gigabytes. The approximate price of this is $40 or $50. Hence when window 7 comes out, they are ready for the 64 gigabyte. It is easy option to the 8GB if required. Optimistically XPM is not needed very much.

I will suggest you to use the virtual machine or the dual boot, because I do the both.
    Try to use compatibility mode or the searched for the work arounds. If you want Island working in Vista then you have to grab a dll from XP and then put in the install folder and also put it in the compatibility mode.