Thread: I need help getting rid of System Idle Process

I need help getting rid of System Idle Process

Hello my brother and me both are CD freaks.

Well I was gone out nearly for a month and when I came back. I found many junky stuffs found on my computer system, definitely they were not viruses.
    I tried to play Half-Life 2 and I am experiencing lag on my own server. Hl2.exe takes up 02 percent of CPU process. Well I am unable to run it if my system Idle Process is taking up 98 percent of my cpu.

I have deleted the .NET from my computer system since I do not need it but then also I am facing the same problem.

Any help for getting rid of System Idle Process will be greatly appreciated.

Re: I need help getting rid of System Idle Process

Basically the System Idle process is an necessary system process & basically just logs against it the unused CPU cycles. One thing for sure that it is not consuming resources.
    System Idle Process measures how much idle capacity the CPU has at any given time. You can find this process running in the task manager but you will not be terminating this process in any manner.

It is true that you can turn off the system idle process but if you want you can turn off un-necessary services of your system.
    For that you have to Go to Start/Run/ type services.msc

This will show you a list of applications; you are allowed to disable. The only thing you need is to, trim down windows a bit for increasing performance.

Well I have clear idea that System Idle Process is perfectly normal and means your system is running right but I have noticed that items I have deleted was sticking around it. I have deleted those and they are
    1. AOL Messenger I disabled it with Scotty , but it is sticking around I do not know what is the reason for that.
    2. IceChat was also behaving in the same way

Whenever you are doing something on your computer system the system idle process starts its work considering that the computer system is idle. I do not have the exact idea how this process starts or how to stop the process that is causing the lag.

Hence the system idle process can cause problem but it is a matter of seconds it just realize that you are trying run something and it stops the process. If you are facing the problem then restart your system.

According to me you must know some facts about the system idle process, and for you here are some facts about it.
    1. It is not really a physical process and most likely it shows the CPU % UNUSED rather than truly eating up the resources.
    2. Though it is not itself an actual process, it is only responsible for triggering other heavily resource hogging processes like schedulers, auto defrager, indexing system.
    3. System idle process is harmless and causes no resource hogging

Look.. One of the fundemental properties of computers is that computers execute instructions one by one, one after another.

In fact, your computer would execute instructions one by one, one after another until it reached 'the end' (because memory size is finite), than it would attempt to execute an instruction that doesn't exist in memory and fail.

This doesn't happen, of course, because we control execution with jump instructions. If we jump the execution "up", or to an "earlier" instruction, we create a loop.

The System Idle Process is just that, a continuious loop. Inside that loop, are conditional checks. Your computer is checking for value changes and something referred to as 'interrupts'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interrupt

Simply put, the System Idle Process represents 'Idle' (none usage) processing.

The CPU time consumed by the System Idle Process is normally of interest for the end user, since it is a measure of the CPU utilization. That can be access through windows task manager program. You can get more detailed source of this information available throughout windows performance for monitoring the system. That includes more finely grained categorization of CPU usage