Thread: Typography fonts problem in Debian

Typography fonts problem in Debian

Hello,
    I am facing a very annoying problem, written text necessarily involve space, this is not new, is it not. The problem is that when written with an editor like gedit or leafpad, when displayed on another system, these areas are systematically replaced by a typeface into a small rectangle. Not only that makes reading difficult texts, but these small rectangles are also reproduced when passing through a printer. I think the problem is with the typography fonts in the debian linux operating system. If you know the answer to this then I am the interested one here. Thanks in advance.

Re: Typography fonts problem in Debian

Hello,
    At home and at work under linux with windows, openoffice files are reread smoothly in both directions. For a text saved with gedit or leafpad, it reads smoothly under windows with openoffice. At least I have not had a problem. Maybe it also works with you which windows version also exists. I think the software which are using mush be wrongly installed or not installed correctly, that is why you are getting such fonts.

Hello,
    And by changing the text encoding utf8 to iso-8859-15? (it was during the recording that it is ... but there are "tools" to do afterwards ...) I think you will need the tools to convert them to normal fonts. Also, please check if you have installed all the fonts on the other machine where you are transferring your documents.

Hello,
    Even I do have a similar kind of a problem, but in OOo, there is no problem, it's true or gedit or leafpad SI is used in OOo or Wordpad. But I want to use gedit or leafpad which are lighter and because I'm used their equivalent to write my style sheets and html pages that I publish. I hope you are understanding what I am trying to ask for. So, please if you know any solution for this the please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I was with this concept that the origin of my problem, I am always at the backup files. I would also, if possible, always use this encoding (iso -8859 to 15) by default for all my tasks. I find no doc allows me to set my system to do so. Perhaps it is also not possible. so, if you have any other alternative to this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I am always at the backup files. But it does not change absolutely nothing: I leave the default encoding or I save as iso-8859-15, the damn small rectangles appear. I also, if it possible, always use this encoding (iso-8859-15) by default for all my tasks. I find no doc allows me to set my system to do so. Perhaps it is also not possible ... ? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    To change the coding, with root privileges (su, sudo choice)
    Here is the command for this, you have to issue this command in the terminal as a root user.
    Code:
    dpkg-reconfigure locales
    It is possible to add or remove encodings. But I've never tried, with several codings installed to see if we could choose the save file encoding. I hope this information will help you.