Thread: Dell Studio XPS 16 Windows 7 installation problem

Dell Studio XPS 16 Windows 7 installation problem

I am using the Dell XPS 1645 and i have tried to install Windows 7 Prof 64 bit Operating System on it but i am getting an error code 0x80070017. I do not know what this error means but whenever i try to create ISO image to make sure that disc is okay. What should i do to get rid of this problem.

Re: Dell Studio XPS 16 Windows 7 installation problem

If suppose you want to use a facial recognition software on downloading which, You computer might gets working to install a windows 7 operating system. You can download it from any website as it is available for free on may web sites. I cannot access the site because the activeX control does not work for instance.

There must be something wrong with an ATI GPU driver version installed on your windows 7 operating system. 8.6 version is been installed on it by default and you have to install 9.7 version from an ATI's official website. I have searched for this problem on many forums and have found that it works with it but in many cases it did not worked as well.

It might also happen that it would be happening because of the older drivers installed on your laptop. Actually when you have installed the drivers for windows 7 then there must be some files of older windows drivers remained to be deleted from the laptop which may be interfering with the new drivers. This mistake is the most common one that people does when they install a new version of windows on their computer system.

The Performance index scale of a windows operating system have changed bit more from the windows vista to windows 7 operating system. Maximum score in vista was a 5.9 and this score with the windows 7 was about 7.9 which i guess exactly 2 more then the windows vista. It would be a fun to watch the extra performance given by the windows 7.

I think you should first do the dual boot and then you might have removed one of an operating system as both of them would be in a ready condition to start your work. And there are many features which are not provided in on each of this laptops.