Thread: Dell Inspiron 531 Boot problem

Dell Inspiron 531 Boot problem

I am unable to find any solution related to my Dell Inspiron 531, My friend also tried to connect with the internet and it hung up in white screen mode and nothing happened after that. Now, it can't be able to turn it off on the tower so I just flipped the power strip switch.

After doing all this, when I booted it up it comes with Dell logo, F2 F12 options then gives a message of 'No Boot device available Sata 0 and 1 installed....". Now I am in stuck and waiting for any solution...Please help me out.?

The problem that you are getting and now going unable to boot the system then It indicates that the hard drive is not going to detected by the system and says unable to found the proper storage. These drives only last a few years but are thankfully cheap.

There is one fix here and you need to try this one , just go and power down the system and remove the drive with proper suggestion, how to remove the driver carefully and if pulling it and putting it back fails then you install a new drive and restore from your backups.

Laptops are integrated with some "parts" which nearly all of the are rarely repaired by owners and even most repair shops. Let's consider on the list of the largest parts so you can find out what's inside. This is by no means the proper list but just the major components you will change out to get a dead laptop to work again.

These are as follows -

• The power brick, adapter or charger .
    • The LCD or display panel.
    • The main board.
    • Keyboard, touch pad, sticks, etc.
    • Drives.
    • Cables and the other tiny bits.
    • Cards, memory, or things in sockets.
    • Repairing Power Jacks, and other things connecting to the motherboard.

Hi,

I tried your all suggestions and even I tried the formatting of system and installed the new and fresh OS but the issue is going on same, We are not expert related to the hardware manipulation but whatever the operation would be based on hardware then it would be on risks. So I am waiting for the exact solution that can help us to resolve the problem...

I also had similar issue with my system and I resolved it after replacing the CMOS (coin cell) battery. The laptop was not booting, there is nothing appears on the screen, commonly because it uses the CMOS battery for booting. Replacing the battery can fix the issue and now its working just in proper manner. The incorrect date and time before the final power-dead was pointing that the CMOS battery is causing the issue. Even do, removing the battery was not a trivial part, the battery is disappeared so bad that you practically require to take every single part.

There are so many laptops containing the reset feature. Some of doesn't have this type of feature but as not all machines , here's something to try when a laptop would not boot. It is not applicable on entire machines but when faced with a non-starter dead laptop, why not try this?

1. Remove entire connections associated with laptop like USB, power.
    2. Remove the battery.
    3. Press and hold the power on button for 1 minute.
    4. Now, Go of the power on button.
    5. Slip in the battery pack.
    6. Connect in the power to the laptop and to the wall.
    7. Do not connect it with other devices.