Thread: TVTime - No Sound [Karmic]

TVTime - No Sound [Karmic]

I am running with ubuntu and recently installed the TVTime and getting some error which is related to the sound issues. I am unable to get the sound from TVTime and channels scanned properly, good quality of pictures, but there is no sound at all. I googled a lot to found out the answers. I have a Hauppauge video card working properly in Windows 7 (dual-booting). All my other sound is fine in Karmic.

Anyone have any ideas?

VTime - No Sound [Karmic]

OK, fine but you have to provide some more information about your system configuration because the error that you described here would be dependent on your video card, so just made available for me for more information. It's fine, you described the video card but can you tell me what card model do you have currently? Did sound work with 9.04?

Hello guys,

Would you all help me to solve my issues, I got an Aver TVStudio card, with its audio out connected in to the line in on my sound card. I am unable to get nothing sound but I am able to get a picture. I got the volume on full, and I have checked the mixer for anything that's muted. When I poured tvtime on. I listen some odd buzz noise when I buzz the mouse or anything else done on the screen.

thanks in advance !

You can have tvtime open while you are doing this and you should get the sound when you adjust the right line set. Before all this , you need to be sure that the tvtime ,you have the volume adjusted up some using the Left/Right arrow keys as I believe by default the primarily when you run it the volume is at 0.

You need to open a terminal and then type in sudo alsamixer use the Left/Right arrow keys to move with the Up/Down arrow keys and manage the volume and the key to mute/unmute. Once you listen the sound in tvtime press the esc key to be quit. When you find everything is going on well then you can type in the terminal sudo alsactl store to save your settings.

what card model do you have currently? Did sound work with 9.04?
    OK,The TV tuner card is in my signature, there is not any earlier problems with sound at all in Karmic. Running well in Jaunty. And this is a clean install of Karmic, not an upgrade. By the way thanks for your support and replies but I need more help regarding the same..