Thread: How to install .Net application on Linux?

How to install .Net application on Linux?

I am having an issue that i need to solve with your help i think i will get the proper solution of the same from here. I just wanted to know How to install .Net application on Linux?. Is it possible to install the same on the Linux operating system. If yes, then let me know about it. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to install .Net application on Linux?

As you are looking for the running the .Net Application on the Linux there is a tool which help your for doing the same. The one which i am talking about is known as the MONO software that is having the ability to run the .Net Application on the Linux platform. So download this tool and do the same as it ask you to do.

Dr. V Guest

There is one more utility tool which is made to perform the task to run the .Net application on the Linux Operating system. The which i am talking about it is known as the DotGNU Project that provides the GNU freedom for .Net. DotGNU Project is also known as the "Free software alternative to .NET". So take a look on this tool also.

I have gone through this article which you have explained me about the running the .Net application on the Linux with MONO which i like but need more help. As i am not aware of this MONO so can you describe it more so that it will be easy for me to understand the and apply to the need of mine. Waiting for reply. Thanks

Mono is a software platform designed to allow developers to easily create cross platform applications. It is an open source implementation of Microsoft's .Net Framework based on the ECMA standards for C# and the Common Language Runtime. We feel that by embracing a successful, standardized software platform, we can lower the barriers to producing great applications for Linux. More about this you can get here

First of all thanks for helping me out with this as i have asked about and your reply helped me a lot regarding the issue of running .Net application on Linux. Now i am having enough knowledge about this MONO and i am planning to use it with my Linux system. I will perform the same and if any query will be there will update in this post.