Thread: Netbook-launcher using 100% cpu

Netbook-launcher using 100% cpu

Hello guys,

I am an ubuntu and debian user for a long time . I am using the jaunty netbook remix since it went out in my msi wind u100 . everything is fine out of the box and the system is also going fine.

Last week, I connected an external monitor to my wind, and after some problem, it was going fine with the two displays, but when i got home, the netbook-launcher process is using 100% of the CPU. when I goes to use a different application such as Firefox and the netbook-launcher switched to background, it stop taking cpu time, but when i come back to the main screen, the same thing committed again.

Do you have installed any other application that can take much CPU at start up of the system, I am just guessing something , which one driver for your graphics , you have installed ??? After starting the system just check the CPU usage by your graphics driver.... I think, you need to try the same thing after disconnecting the the external monitor.

idea Netbook-launcher using 100% cpu

I am also getting the same problem with a fresh installation of 9.10 Netbook Remix on a my HP/Compaq TC1100 convertable tablet. It has a Nvidia Geforce 420 Go 32M chipset. The issue appears both before and after installing the Nvidia drivers perfectly. OpenGL seems to be functioning, the glx demos (glxgears etc) assume to work well with 800-1000 fps. Applications seem to perform well, but any interaction with the netbook-launcher is extremely slow and the process consumes 80-100% CPU for many seconds after. Would love to get this functioning well, as it assumed as a great replacement for the native WinXP on current machine for primary surfing etc.

Hello beryl, there are two things that you can do to see what is going on and I guess. The one is to open terminal and type the following

Code:
    and press enter and find out which one processes is taking most out of CPU where as the second things is that go into Synaptic Package Manager and install with the following command :

Code:
    htop
    And find out which one process is running and supporting with the launcher and you need to kill that process is eating up CPU.